Help Me Please, Prs Finished!

Check out this thread. Lots of help there.

People are referring to my work? Y'all are in trouble now - that was just beginner's luck (with some help). :D

Mine is tortoise shell and it is a different look than the violin amber.

PRS calls that "double-stained violin amber" but that pic doesn't look much like their normal violin amber. According to Rodney there is no sand back on violin amber, just several applications of diluted brown + red (IIRC) scrubbed back with alcohol, then yellow, scrub out, then several more topcoats of yellow (again, IIRC). Although that Private Stock #1 has an "old overcoat" which I'm guessing is a toner added to the clearcoat. Might explain why it's darker looking.

Mike

Check out this thread. Lots of help there.

People are referring to my work? Y'all are in trouble now - that was just beginner's luck (with some help). :D

Mine is tortoise shell and it is a different look than the violin amber.

PRS calls that "double-stained violin amber" but that pic doesn't look much like their normal violin amber. According to Rodney there is no sand back on violin amber, just several applications of diluted brown + red (IIRC) scrubbed back with alcohol, then yellow, scrub out, then several more topcoats of yellow (again, IIRC). Although that Private Stock #1 has an "old overcoat" which I'm guessing is a toner added to the clearcoat. Might explain why it's darker looking.

Mike

Your thread was very detailed and helpful, I might even attempt my own build now, The main thing I was worried about was the finish.. but it kinda looks possible after seeing that hehe