Huh... So, Is This A Problem?

Vade

Hokee-Doke.

Hey, how ya guys doin? Good, good. Great to hear it. (cause small talk is notably lacking on the internet.)

As out of character as this is for me, I shall endeavor to be brief. Whilst disassembling the RG270, I discovered some wood had been cracked away (most likely during manufacture) at the base of the neck between the join and the uppermost pickup. :D Okaaaay. . . I’m seeing this as a design flaw when compared to other setups (see comparis pic between the Ibanez in question and an old Dean body I had laying around.) The body is as it appears in the image; there is no loose piece, the wood just wasn’t there.

wtf-BrokenNeckjoin.jpg

Today’s questions (for those brave souls with two cents to throw in... or pence in the case of some of you) are:

How big of a problem is this? / Does this require replacement of the missing wood?

Edited by Vade

Hokee-Doke.

Hey, how ya guys doin? Good, good. Great to hear it. (cause small talk is notably lacking on the internet.)

As out of character as this is for me, I shall endeavor to be brief. Whilst disassembling the RG270, I discovered some wood had been cracked away (most likely during manufacture) at the base of the neck between the join and the uppermost pickup. :D Okaaaay. . . I’m seeing this as a design flaw when compared to other setups (see comparis pic between the Ibanez in question and an old Dean body I had laying around.) The body is as it appears in the image; there is no loose piece, the wood just wasn’t there.

wtf-BrokenNeckjoin.jpg

Today’s questions (for those brave souls with two cents to throw in... or pence in the case of some of you) are:

How big of a problem is this? / Does this require replacement of the missing wood?

erm...i think you will find all 270's and up are like that, well at least i do anyway.

Edited by RGman

It's a bolt on neck.... doesn't matter one bit. Tada, you can go on being happy with the instrument.

Chris

((DAMN you're quick! That reply took you all of what... 30 seconds after I posted the topic?))

I also dont think it matters that much, as long as it has the curves and the edges it will fit fine.

------------------------

------------------------

That's great news, thank you both for easing my concerns :D

I had guessed that due to the bolt-on, everything would stay in place just fine, but I'm not so stupid as to go purely on my gut instincts when I know so little about the finer aspects of this whole thing. I really appreciate the feedback!

erm...i think you will find all 270's and up are like that, well at least i do anyway.

And do most of them have break-throughs like that too? I guess I can see the likelihood of there being an intentional opening there and that only a small corner chipped off the left side after the painting. There seems little reason to have such a thin piece of wood running all the way across the top of the neck pickup in this design, I suppose.

Most RG's do, depends on the model, you won't find a neck pocket like that one the 170's, and the quality of machining depends on the model, they higher the number or the price, the better the machining seems to be.

Either way its no problem at all, it doesn't make any difference.