Im Done W/ Neck-thru Strat Copy! Well Sort Of...

Rowdy

Ok, heres it is!

stain11%20021.jpg

Note the tele jack!

This is the Korina neck-thru... First one. Had to take the finish off and start over, but this is how it came out. Not bad for a 1st time...

Heres a pic

My Webpage

Another of the EARVANA nut

My Webpage

This is for ME and not for resell, so...heres the headstock...

My Webpage

Whats left..

Have a tad bit more soldering.. as you see, its wired up like a superstrat...

also, I plan to thro somw graphtech ghost saddles in it.... wire it on its own a/b circuit from the magnets...

eventually. for now, my goal is to plug this baby in tonight!!!

specs:

62 strat copy neck thru, all KORINA

Sperzel lockers

EARVANA nut

texas specials,

Wilkinson vintage trem

Tele jack.

got any pics of the neck heel? i'd be interested in seeing how you made that look

I agree, I'd like to see the neck heel as well. I ain't a fan of Strats, but I like the way this one came out :D

If they started making Strats neck-through, I might be enticed enough to pick up one and start playing!

I dig the color and the pickguard, they look really good together. Doesn't that volume knob that close to the bridge get annoying? I'd be bumping into it all the time, heh.

got any pics of the neck heel? i'd be interested in seeing how you made that look

I agree, I'd like to see the neck heel as well. I ain't a fan of Strats, but I like the way this one came out :D

If they started making Strats neck-through, I might be enticed enough to pick up one and start playing!

I dig the color and the pickguard, they look really good together. Doesn't that volume knob that close to the bridge get annoying? I'd be bumping into it all the time, heh.

Well thats what I was avoiding showing (lol)... no way to make a smooth tranistion...

so, remember the heel pic i posted a week or so ago (here)

My Webpage

and

here is how the paint was transitioned.... (before it was rubbed out).

heel.jpg

the neck back was not lacquered, just sealed and the oiled.

i love the neck heel, pure class, i bet its comfy as all hell...

yep ,

last night i finished soldering the 3 way toggles.. in phase, out of phase and off to each singel pickup..

strung it up.

the wilkinson block i bought has the string holes offset for compensation rather than straight across like a strat. also, teh EARVANA nut said to start the nut adjustment slid up as far as the grooves go towards the headstock..

so.. i strung it up, grabbed my tuner. (digital, not a strobe).

tuned it up

the string height was damn near knats ass on.... and the neck is a 12" radius wiht big ass frets...... how can that be? the intonation was also perfect....

nothing was set up at all by me... does anyone know if my wilkinson trem came set up factory? if so, that might essplain it... but the string height for the 12" radius neck and jumbos was too weird to have it all fall together like that.

i plugged in and....

never "felt" it ring like this korina. Never had a tonewood rig before either ('cept my Hamer USA spwcial).. I now see what you all mean...

wowzers.... never had a bluesy clean yet dirty setup with dynamic and expression... yes that is a playing style (soften it up, then full on scream at ya) but i see it isnt as much ALL a style as I thought. these texas special pups are something else... i really am proud of how this all came together.. too bad we couldnt upload sound clips somewhere here...

• 3 weeks later...

Damn, man, I have NEVER seen a sexier strat. I absolutely love your work. Currently, I'm woring on a neck-through korina sg, and i would really like to see some photos of your build progress, if you have any. But, holy crap, that is one beautiful guitar. BTW, how long did it take to build? I like the controls too. Very nice choice of wood, neck style, electronics, etc. It reminds me of SRV's strat, but new, and nicer! Congrats on one kick-ass build!

Edited by SG3390