Video Tutorial Website

Hi Everyone,

I have been talking with a friend of mine who owns an ISP here in my home town and he has agreed to let me have about a gig of storage space for a video blog site.

I was wanting to put together a collection of video blogs for project guitar stuff.

I will be making my own videos as well as hosting any videos you would like to as well.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,

John Rossitter

John, I'll be doing a simmilar thing, but mainly using youtube to host my vids.

I also have a large ammount of space availible(3GB) but I think I like the exposure YT brings. and my blog/design company will use that space

I'll send you a copy of every vid I make, and also will put it on my own blog.

I'll start the tut vids in jan.

I have sony dcr-hc44e 1 mill pix handy cam, and im about to start making guitar body for a friend of mine. Ill try to find someone to record it while im doing it. I can edit videos on my pc so that is not a problem.

The only problem will be to actually shoot the vid, 'cos, as some members here know i even forget to take pics while im working. Guess i get cought in the work, but as i said ill try to find someone to shoot it for me.

What I plan on doing is using a small tripod and setting it on a shelf looking down on my table. I might rotate the video so it looks right, but whenever I move Im dragging the camera with me and pointing it.

im also planning on using a cheap digital recorder with a detached mic to record my voice, that way basic shop noise wont get in the way.

My camera came with a remote controller.

So I set it up on a tripod and keep the controller in my pocket.

Yeah editing is the hard part because you need a good machine with decent software.

If I put the videos on my friends server we will have unlimited bandwidth usage on it, so I don't know about having to clog up PGF with it.

It would be cool if they were all in the same file format as well as content format.

You guys should try to sell this idea to a company, I bet you could earn some cash out of doing this. Or maybe get some kind of government grant for equipment, I know around here, if you apply, they'll give you a couple of grand to make a film. Not everyone gets it, but I don't think it's that hard. I for one would love to see some video tutorials. I understand the process of building fairly well IMO from reading and stuff, my major problem is implementing these things because I am a wood working noob.

Wait?! How do I go about getting a government grant for this!? Cause like the above have said, I just wanna do it for the sake of doing it, the fun and the ability to help. Same reason why I did and supply for free on my site my full length semi-hollwo tutorial. Hell, if I could get a government grant for the camera, I'd be all over this in a flash!

Chris

I can't commit to anything 100% but if there's any need for some 3d graphics to show cutaway diagrams or impossible camera moves to get some info across, I might be able to help. I'm not talking "money for nothing" style CAD renders but full-on film quality work. I work for a visualisation company but I'm trying to set up on my own so any portfolio work is welcomed.

Wait?! How do I go about getting a government grant for this!? Cause like the above have said, I just wanna do it for the sake of doing it, the fun and the ability to help. Same reason why I did and supply for free on my site my full length semi-hollwo tutorial. Hell, if I could get a government grant for the camera, I'd be all over this in a flash!

Chris

I don't know in the US. I'm from Canada, and I forget the organization that gave it out, I'm pretty sure it was a government thing. People make films and **** around here all the time, I think they may even give up to $5000 depending on your expenses of course. I don't have any first hand knowledge of the program, I just have friends that were going to make a movie.

And to the other person who said they were doing it just for doing it, why not get paid for doing it as well? You could make a bit of cash, and help out a few people, actually more if they put it on TV or distribute it on DVD. I think it would be a great idea to make a DVD or something.

Edited by JJ Rodriguez