My New Bass

oh yeah.. heh. i'll post pictures later on today when i can get my hands on a real camera (if i can get my hands on a real camera)

next to my bridge pickup is the hole that my pickup selector switch goes in. i took that picture before actually putting anything in. (sorry it's not anything interesting...)

and yeah, the fretboard is pretty funky. it looks really good from low angles because you can really see the grain lines and what they're doing. head-on, it mostlyjust looks stripey because it's so long. but that's cool too

so I take it you carved the neck up before you glued the body wings on? could we see some pics of the back? and with what did you finish it? is it a highly buffed oil finish? or a Poly/Nitro finish?

but besides all that, it looks fabulous! I really like your design and the fact all the sandwiched pieces show on the arm countour :D

Edited by DanielM

i shaped the neck after the wings were glued on because i figured i'd like to shape the heel into the horns to some extent and it would be easier to do that way.

the finish is ktm-9 which is a water-based laquer that lmii sells. it sprayed well and i'm happy with the result, but i'll probably opt for the stewmac stuff next time because it's less than half the price.

• 2 weeks later...