Epiphone Les Paul

BJC132003

Some Ephiphones are reasonably good some are REALLY bad. I suggest you search arround your local music stores for one that sounds really nice...I wouldn't buy one if I'd not played it before because they really do vary in sound quality so much.

I'd also recomend changing the pickups on it if you do get one as the pickups are probably the worst part of epiphone guitars :D luckly its an easily changed part.

I had one until recently and loved it, The only reason I sold it was xmas cash. The pickup evaluation above is spot on, they are weeeeeeeak. I traded out the pups in mine and she was awesome sounding. I don't know that I second the yamaha suggestion (as every one I have ever played has not iumpressed me) but the new flame top SE's look great , play well (if you like the PRS feel) and sound pretty decent too.

BTW B stock scare sme, epi is not the most consistent in the quality dept. ( though I personally have 3 that are awesome payers ( a zw LP, an SG and a sheraton which is one of my favs ever!)

Epi's can be nice. Not a big fan of the veneer-on-alder-on-mahogany ones, but most can be good players if set up right. One of the guys in Twisted Sister is using one on tour, probably because playing the county fair doesn't pay as much as playing the Garden used to, but it still sounds decent.

In the end, once you add the drummer and bassist, what does it all matter anyway?

I've got one of the "custom" ones (only difference is paint and gold hardware) and I love it. It's also marked 2nd on the back of the headstock, but I can't figure out why, other than the crappy binding job (doesn't bother me at all, since it doesn't affect playability).

Pickups definitely need replaced, although I've managed to get a decent distortion sound out of mine. Clean, however, just sucks.

Glad you got what you were after. :D I tried some guitars out yesterday, and for the "budget" guitars they had on-hand, the various Cort guitars were far and away better bang for the buck.