Usefull tool

Alright fellow guitar junkies.

While spending one of those sleepless nights trying to solve the little problems which will arise in my (ahem) revolutionery guitar :D and being the astute mechanical engineer that I am, I've been wondering about a tool that I may need.

I've invented a centreline marker that I can run down the fretboard/neck from the nut after it is shaped, and mark the centre line aswell, as the path of all the strings. I was wondering if there was a tool that already does this or if anyone else can see the use for it?

It will be very handy for a straight through neck as it will mark down past the bridge.

So what do you lot think, useful? or should I make the missus give me more sex so I can sleep at night instead of thinking about tools (no sex and tool jokes, thank you).

There is a tool that you can use on circular or rectangular pieces to find the center. I think it would work on a shaped finger board - I'll try it tonight and let you know. It's the plastic thinger that you draw a line with, flip it over and draw another line. The intersection of the lines is the center point. I don't know how else to describe it.