Bc Rich Neck Thru Jr V

westhemann

okay so this guitar came in today...so here it is

this guitar was a blem model...it has a couple of chips and various scratches...nothing too major..

so..of course the bsdm pickups suck..what is bc rich thinking by not having a line of guitars with emg or duncan or dimarzio like everyone else offers...?

the paint is absolutely pissed on there...the finish is cloudy and really adds no style of any sort to a supposedly higher end finish(transparent black)

the trem it is equipped with is absolutely the worst trem i have ever seen...even worse than the import jackson trems they send out on the low models.the allen screws on the locking nut are badly machined so that no metric or standard allen wrench(including the one that comes with the guitar)will ever fit it properly.

the neck is too thick...it is similar to a fender strat neck...it has no place on a "metal" guitar really.the frets are super cheap and so are the tuning machines...

so basically,every piece of hardware and electronics on this guitar is completely bottom of the barrel.they obviously scoured the earth to save a few pennies here and there,with quality being what suffered.

so..what is good about this guitar?well..it does have a 3 piece maple neck thru...which as i can see through the finish is apparently decent and clear.the nato wings are also obviously because it is cheaper than mahogany...but you can tell that with the right pickups,this thing will scream...so the body wood is a good combination...and the woodworking is basically good.

remember now...this guitar has a list price of nine HUNDRED dollars..that's right...nine hundred...the guitar sells normally for about $700...this one cost me less because of the blemishes...whichis why i am only grading it on the features and quality.

you know what you can buy for $700?ALOT of other guitars by esp or ibanez...neck thrus as well,with much better quality control...

on the plus side...this guitar is going to be a fun project for me...because i think i will enjoy trying to see if i can polish this turd...

my advice is steer clear of these guitars...and since this is #2 bc rich nj i have bought and both have sucked...i say steer clear of bc rich entirely...remember that this is the high end of the bc rich imports...the only guitars by bc rich of better quality are the usa models for thousands more...

it does have a nice sound though...this guitar is going down to bare wood and coming back with new life...

what a cool project though..

by the way,the guitar was not even set up at the factory...i did a complete setup on it before i even could evaluate it...the intonation was not even set

it really is nothing to brag about...that's for sure...i'll just turn it into a "wes custom"..hehe

if i can make this guitar cool,i will be assured a place in guitar heaven...i absolutely HATE seeing good wood in this condition...it's like a mangy dog with a great charisma who could be so much better with some dip and regular meals...

...mmmm this should definately up my guitar karma

i would never suggest buying one...that's for sure...not unless they sold the company to fender to fix...

this guitar was a blem model...it has a couple of chips and various scratches...nothing too major..

so..of course the bsdm pickups suck..what is bc rich thinking by not having a line of guitars with emg or duncan or dimarzio like everyone else offers...?

I was thinking this myself the other day. Either that or they need to start shipping them with well made and approprate pickups (a la PRS)

the paint is absolutely pissed on there...the finish is cloudy and really adds no style of any sort to a supposedly higher end finish(transparent black)

going to be refinnishing it then? :D

the trem it is equipped with is absolutely the worst trem i have ever seen...even worse than the import jackson trems they send out on the low models.the allen screws on the locking nut are badly machined so that no metric or standard allen wrench(including the one that comes with the guitar)will ever fit it properly.

:D maybe they should have made the allen key as badly as the trem then it might fit?

on the plus side...this guitar is going to be a fun project for me...because i think i will enjoy trying to see if i can polish this turd...

B) I'll phone up pledge and warn them that you're going to need a couple thousand cans of turd polish

the more i think about it the more i think i am going to send the turd back...to make it decent i would need to take it down to bare wood and start over..and it just aint worth it..even at the blem price it is overpriced.

hell..at $200 it would have been overpriced.makes more sense to send it back and buy a brand new kh 602...the cost of this guitar with all of the new hardware and electonics alone brings it right up to the price of the kh