New Paint Project

PaintIt

Damn, PaintIt, I love you :D And to think that this is what you do "for fun" hahaha. And you just went out and bought another guitar for the job.

Simply priceless, I love it. Keep up the excellent work :D

Thanks Man. Actually I do not even play any musical instruments just think they are cool to paint. I may try to learn using this one but I really do not have the time for another hobby. This may get sold at the shop where I piced it up but that depends on the finished result. It may get finished, photographed and then repainted again. Another couple of hours on the face and details in white and then I will start to add candy colors. Should be very sppoky.

Thanksall. I am going to try to get another hour in the whte tonight if possible. Should see a dramatic difference in the detail on the face when then. It will have all of the skin texture and such after that. This is for sale when done if anyone is interested in a Fender Bullet with great paint!

Well I got another hour in tonight and this is wher it is at. first with yellow. second with green candy and third mostly finished with red and green candy toi make brown and white to recreate the highlights. I will redo the eye as it looks wierd. After 4 coats of dupont clear it should really glow.

2214859F0C2F48A7810F08AA7D164824.JPG

01DDAC6DCDDE4528A3F0251F629F93A1.JPG

74E5002AF49048A3AFA23FA7335BFECD.JPG

Hey, out of curiosity, what kind of materials are you using, and what paints?

The paint list

Black - Dupont Chromabase

White - Dupont Chromabase

Yellow candy concentrate - Dupont Hot Hues

Green candy concentrate - Dupont Hot Hues

Red candy concentrate - Dupont Hot Hues

Hot Clear ( intercoat clear for mixing candy concentrates ) - Dupont Hot Hues

Chroma Clear 2K finishing clear - Dupont

I use many companies but have been trying to use all of the dupont products in the candies and intercoat lines because I get better pricing adn can by small quantities locally. For HOK and Alsa I have to but large larger amounts unless I buy it from someone who is repackaging. Coast Airbrush does a good job with the HOK stuff but I do not like to wait 7 days for my paint. I am reall liking the Hot Clear from dupont for airbrushing better than the HOK SG100.

Hey, out of curiosity, what kind of materials are you using, and what paints?

The paint list

Black - Dupont Chromabase

White - Dupont Chromabase

Yellow candy concentrate - Dupont Hot Hues

Green candy concentrate - Dupont Hot Hues

Red candy concentrate - Dupont Hot Hues

Hot Clear ( intercoat clear for mixing candy concentrates ) - Dupont Hot Hues

Chroma Clear 2K finishing clear - Dupont

I use many companies but have been trying to use all of the dupont products in the candies and intercoat lines because I get better pricing adn can by small quantities locally. For HOK and Alsa I have to but large larger amounts unless I buy it from someone who is repackaging. Coast Airbrush does a good job with the HOK stuff but I do not like to wait 7 days for my paint. I am reall liking the Hot Clear from dupont for airbrushing better than the HOK SG100.

By the looks of that bill of material, that's one expensive paintjob!

Not to mention the cost of time and labor involved.

Looks incredible!

Nice job. :D

• 2 weeks later...

That's incredible. Airbrushing is way harder than it looks (at least for me it was) and you do a great job. As soon as I get this posted I'm going to go search for any other finished pieces you've got on here! I think you should do a similarly themed piece for the headstock, though I don't have any suggestions on what I think it could be.

That's incredible. Airbrushing is way harder than it looks (at least for me it was) and you do a great job. As soon as I get this posted I'm going to go search for any other finished pieces you've got on here! I think you should do a similarly themed piece for the headstock, though I don't have any suggestions on what I think it could be.

Thanks. I am thinking of doing the headstock with the green and some lightning bolts and glow around the fender logo. I have not had time to clear this project yet bu tI am anxious to have it finished.

not a guitar but it is wood. pinewood derby car for a friends son. 5 inch long x 2.5 inch wide. Need to finish the windows and clearcoat.

8E09A990D1D44E7DADAD5BC6ECCD120E.JPG

Edited by PaintIt