ACG build progress.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, thats purdy! What are the woods on that one? Is it something like spalted beech around mahogany? It looks like limba but seems too defined, who knows. Look freakin amazing, love the accent line bewteen the them as well, really adds a lot to the look. Just simply amazing work as per usual! That blue one still blows my mind when I see it, very nice work, I love this thread, lol. J

Black Heart Sassafrass, I think he said. And by the way, that one is my absolute favorite.

Top and back Black Heart Sassafras.

Body core Hondo Mahogany with black contrast veneer.

Neck 7 piece Flame Sycamore/Mac Ebony. Sassafras headplate Mac ebony backplate ,heel and control cavity cover.

Fingerboard Mac Ebony.

Hardware the usual ACG spec in black.

ACG filter pre-amp.

ACG pickups model TBD.

I was just thinkin, your logo looks like a spider when it's upright :D

Thank you! Geez, I'm usually good about not asking question that have been answered, I had even went back looking for that guitar and must have just blanked out for a minute because I just checked again and found it easy. Oh well what can you do, thank you again. That is one amazing guitar!! I would have never guessed Black sassafrass, haven't seen much of it, but I've seen quite a bit of spalted beech that looks similar, though I guess this has more color variation throughout. I'm with ya on this one being super nice. Thanks again. J

Awesome as ever!

Amboyna burl is my current favourite- great wood choices!

• 3 weeks later...

This one ready for delivery.

Harlot S Type single cut.

The spec for this one.

Top and back Black Heart Sassafras.

Body core Hondo Mahogany with black contrast veneer.

Neck 7 piece Flame Sycamore/Mac Ebony. Sassafras headplate Mac ebony backplate ,heel and control cavity cover.

Fingerboard Mac Ebony.

Hardware the usual ACG spec in black.

ACG filter pre-amp.

ACG pickups model RFB in the bridge and a FB in the neck with coil switching.

1233373196_1930f099cc.jpg

ACG Gallery

This is my first left hander which went pretty well. Struggled a bit with the set up as I really can't play left handed so I will wait and see how it works out when it is picked up.

The spec.

Amboyna Burl front and back with a Black Limba body core with black veneer contrast line.

Neck will be a Bubinga/Wenge 7 piece with Amboyne head-plate,back-plate with contrast veneer Mac ebony heel.

Fingerboard Acrylic Impregnated Wenge from Gallery Hardwoods.

Hardware in black.

Hipshot Type A.

Hipshot Ultralites.

Schaller Straplocks.

2 ACG custom wound RFB humbuckers with coil switching option.

ACG filter pre-amp. with 18 volt option.

Finish 60% lacquer on the body and headstock 20% on the neck.

1267345952_1a9d2fb6be.jpg

ACG Gallery

Many thanks everyone who has taken the time to post I really do appreciate you taking the time to do it.

Another one just about ready just the set up to do but I am really tired so it will wait until tomorrow.

Body core Black Limba with quilt maple back and front black accent veneer and ebony centre line.

Neck Flame sycamore/wenge 5 piece with an Acrylic impregnated Purpleheart finger board with black semi-tone markers. Quilt headplate,backplate and heel all with black accent veneer.

Hardware in black.

Hipshot Type A. Ultralite tuners. Schaller Straploks.

ACG Fatbas humbuckers.

ACG filter pre-amp 18 volt.

Finish. Trans blue/purple.

1268886044_ce318b2a86.jpg

ACG Gallery