ACG build progress.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow! Where did you get the bridge for that one?

Looks like I'm going to make it to the bass day by the way... I'll bring the baritone along, perhaps, as it's the closest thing I've done to a bass :D

It is a Hipshot Type A

I will see you there.

The bodies and the necks together.

1873888458_384234a663.jpg

Edited by skelf

Skelf,

I'm lovin' your basses, where do you score your wood from here in the UK?

I use John Boddys in Yorkshire.

David Dyke at luthier supplies.

Exotic hardwoods in Kent and anywhere else that I find in my travels.

However most of it comes from Larry at Gallery Hardwoods.

Thanks for the info, I'm down in Kent so David Dyke and Exotic Hardwoods are quite convenient for me! I tend to fall into the trap of looking at catalogues online and they never seem to have the really juicy stuff in them. I guess you have to phone up of pop round to see their latest stock and pick out some really nice bits.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a stand at the UK Bassday and Hadrien Feraud dropped by and spent some time playing the 6 string headless.

What an absolutely stunning player.

Youtube vid of Hadrien Feraud playing Dave's bass at bassday.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOs_kG8a5Eo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOs_kG8a5Eo</a>

A shot of the stand with most of the basses.

The jazz basses were John East's,we were on the same stand they were there to demo his pre-amps.

2036542319_f5795063a5.jpg

Edited by skelf

Wow very nice. Are all these basses pre sold and made to order?

Lol i just asked the same question. Sorry about that. I am just interested to see if any one here is making stock models for retail stores or is of the street customers.

I have several inventory basses that I am working on but I don't have a standard model as such.

You can see what I am working on for stock on my site.

Alan

I absolutely love inlays! However, I just don't see that they would work out well on those basses, well they would be fine I guess, but the basses just have this overall pleasing look that would be mucked up by adding anything that small and/or complicated to it. I dunno, its hard to explain what I mean, but I think that inlays would take away from the look of those basses. I've actually never even bothered to take notice of the lack of inlays, to my eyes the guitars just aren't lacking in anything that I can find. Its all personal preference though. Either way those things will always look killer. J