Home Made Prs Hollowbody

Hi everyone i have been have been hovering around this forum and have just joined up as member.

I think its a fantasic place to be and would like to show my latest creation .

www.diquattroguitars.comA copy of a prs holllowbody that i hope one day my little son will play.

Hi its flame queensland maple top and back and brazilian mahogony neck and body with a gomberia fingerboard.

Thankyou for putting up the gallery i must be doing something wrong it wont work when i try , but yet again im am pretty useless when it come to computers . :D :D

It took me about 2 years on and off because i had other guitars to build and repair.

I will tell you something i felt like throwing a party when i finally finished it because it took me so long to build.

It shaw isnt easy building a guitar like that , its a lot of painstaking work but all worth it in the end.

The pickups are fantastic if you like the Gretsch sound they are worth every cent . I used the classic plus for the bridge and standard for the neck. :D

Wow, 2 years is a long time to maintain enthusiasm. That's definitely a milestone achieved :D

Well done on the hollow-body, rdiquattro.

Nice to see not only a fellow melbournite on the build, but also another using Qld maple on this forum.

What are your thoughts on the Qld maple ?

Cheers, Stu

Its great timber ,the stuff i use is very light in weight and easy to work with .

I have built two other guitars with it and its really nice stuff . I have been able to keep the weight down on these guitars as well .

Thats a good thing i think , what suburb do you live in i live in Sunshine and im a Carpenter as well. :D :D

Another chippy, eh :D I bet my hammer's bigger than your hammer :D

I'm out in Knox but work mainly around Kew area.

With Qld maple, alot of people say it's a substitute for mahogany. What I'm dying to find out is, sonically, how close to mahogany is it ? Is it anywhere near it ?

Cheers, Stu

Pfft...carpenters...

Cabinetmaking is a much more underpaid job...who ever would wan't to be a carpenter when you can be like me and build cabinets, sand, assemble, sand, sand, sand, sand, load containers, sand, assemble, sand, screw handles into drawers, sand...it goes on!!!

I, also am interested in this QLD maple, as i have a bit here with mottled figure that i wouldn't mind using.

edit: I bet you can't tell what i did all day!

SAND

My hands hurt.

Edited by RGman

• 1 year later...