Jam Time

Acousticraft

When I first sit down by my amp to jam and pass the time, I like to start off with wicked distortion, compression, using the bridge pickup and after a bit of shredding, chugging, palm muting etc. I grow bored with that. I am playing thru my self built 335.

I then switch to a clean channel and often without any effects use the neck pickup and just noodle around playing jazz or blues type stuff. I find this a lot more invigorating and satisfying than the dirty stuff to be quite honest.

What are your preferences guys?

I naturally fall into strat with neck+middle pickups & a lightly overdriven sound, think RHCP's & Hendrix's Little Wing sound. I use just enough OD that hard hit chords crunch & ring out but softly played notes sustain cleanly. If I'm jamming with others I go completely the other way & wheel out my 3ft x 18" pedal board, crank up the amp & go all Tom Morello.

Hah, its an unplugged electric guitar for me mostly.

Damn uni accomodation with its thin walls and neighbours who insist on working and sleeping and things.

Gee some of you guys must have understanding, or deaf neighbors if you are rocking at concert levels. I usually only crank the levels loud if the rest of my family are out and only for a short time so I don't get too off side with my neighbors.

Thats the beauty of living in texas. Tons of space between you and the neighbors. What they don't hear, can't hurt me in fines :D

The only time ive EVER had any complaints from the neibours is when i had a small gig in my bac yard (i actualy call i my back yard. my dads from canada) i had a PA that was about 1200watt. a tad overkill i think. the police shut it down at 9pm....

i normaly prsctice dirty at good volume, but i practice clean to make sure im acurrate, cause i know i can get away with loppyplaying heavily distorted and loud.

(sporryy if theis pist is a tad hard to read im just bad from th pub a tad worst for ware.... sorry..)

x

New guy checking in from Dallas by way of Denver :D

When I feel like jamming, I look at my Cavin amp collecting dust, shake my head and pull out my Carvin CT6M. Then I turn on my PC, Pro Tools and my Behringer V-Amp Pro and toss on some cans. I have a 10 month old daughter so the amp has not seen a lot of work lately :D. I usually just pop in a drum loop and start writing. If the mood strikes me I will go acoustic. Love the sound of a nice clean acoustic.

Ive been to Denver the mile high city many years ago (1984) when my wife and I toured across the US and Canada for 4 months in a small Campervan (VW). We didnt get to Texas though. Great memories of a great trip.

Actually Ive got a belt with all these pictures of semi trailer trucks engraved on it that I got in a town near Denver and I still use it.

Ive been to Denver the mile high city many years ago (1984) when my wife and I toured across the US and Canada for 4 months in a small Campervan (VW). We didnt get to Texas though. Great memories of a great trip.

Actually Ive got a belt with all these pictures of semi trailer trucks engraved on it that I got in a town near Denver and I still use it.

Denver is a great city with an amazing view. I can't say the same for Texas. I know a lot of the natives refer to it as "Gods Country" but I am thinking they do not get out much :D.

I have been to denver twice and I live in central Texas.......Dallas is not what is reffered to as "god,s country.Go out west or to the central Texas hill country.it really is very nice...but it still is no colorado springs.I found denver to be the Dallas of colorado...meaning it was polluted and noisy...the only saving grace is the mountain range in the distance.

Colorado Springs is gorgeous and friendly...I thnk of it as "Austin in the mountains"

I have been to denver twice and I live in central Texas.......Dallas is not what is reffered to as "god,s country.Go out west or to the central Texas hill country.it really is very nice...but it still is no colorado springs.I found denver to be the Dallas of colorado...meaning it was polluted and noisy...the only saving grace is the mountain range in the distance.

Colorado Springs is gorgeous and friendly...I thnk of it as "Austin in the mountains"

Yeah I did go to Austin for a week on business. That was very nice.

Colorado Springs is amazing. I think downtown Denver is pretty nice as well. They cleaned it up nicely when they built the ballpark. But I agree, the picturesque mountains in the background set the stage. Every city has its bad areas though. Denver is no exception.