My New 8 String Model

Oh Mike You have to get us better pics Than that :D It does look wicked man and The shape at the end of the fret board is very classsssy B)

!!METAL MATT!! :D

The 10 string is for Eric Lovett and it was his brain child that he designed. The top and back are Rosewood Stumpwood.

The 8 string has 32 frets.

Matt, I`ll get some better pics up later today. My camera has a hard time with photographing the reds on this guitar.

It`s really a cherry sunburst, but my camera makes it look like an orange burst.

How`s your 8 coming along?

Well Im waiting on a few parts but things are moveing along very well, Im trying to find a set of active pickups that are not EMGs to try on my build

Any way man thats a wicked guitar and I love its slick clean look and the neck is PURE SEX :D

WICKED STUFF B)

Well Im waiting on a few parts but things are moveing along very well, Im trying to find a set of active pickups that are not EMGs to try on my build

Any way man thats a wicked guitar and I love its slick clean look and the neck is PURE SEX :D

WICKED STUFF B)

Thanks Matt.

Yeah, your kind of limited on options for an active 8 string pup, but I have been talking with a few pup makers about this sort of thing. I have a pair of 808`s on the way and I`m anxious to here what they sound like. Eric gave them high reviews when he tried them @ Messe.

Im trying to find a set of active pickups that are not EMGs to try on my build

Bartolini makes some pretty nice pickups.

Basically, any pickup you can find that works for 6-string bass will work for 8-string guitar. Some 5-string bass pups will also work, but if they are blade-type pups (like Barts) you will need to check the width of the magnets (not just the coils...) to make sure your outer strings aren't hanging off the edge of the sensing field.

WICKED STUFF B)

Thanks Matt.

Yeah, your kind of limited on options fo r an active 8 string pup, but I have been talking with a few pup makers about this sort of thing. I have a pair of 808`s on the way and I`m anxious to here what they sound like. Eric gave them high reviews when he tried them @ Messe.

Ive been thinking about an 8 string for my next build, but I don't know where to find 808s, where did you order yours from?

Basically, any pickup you can find that works for 6-string bass will work for 8-string guitar. Some 5-string bass pups will also work, but if they are blade-type pups (like Barts) you will need to check the width of the magnets (not just the coils...) to make sure your outer strings aren't hanging off the edge of the sensing field.

Thanks Matt.

Yeah, your kind of limited on options fo r an active 8 string pup, but I have been talking with a few pup makers about this sort of thing. I have a pair of 808`s on the way and I`m anxious to here what they sound like. Eric gave them high reviews when he tried them @ Messe.

Well Im thinking about forgeting Active and trying a Seymour Duncan SSB-5b "Phase II Passive Soapbar" 5-string bass pickup

The full-length dual blades accommodate maximum string spacings up to 3.10” (78.5mm)

ssb_5.jpg

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!

Thanks Matt.

Well Im thinking about forgeting Active and trying a Seymour Duncan SSB-5b "Phase II Passive Soapbar" 5-string bass pickup

The full-length dual blades accommodate maximum string spacings up to 3.10” (78.5mm)

ssb_5.jpg

Cool, let me know how that pup sounds when completed.

No idea how well bass pickups would work for guitars, but I have heard very good things for them working well with them. Bartolini has a 100-110mmish wide pickup and EMG has a 4" wide pickup, both would fit 8-strings well.

No idea how well bass pickups would work for guitars, but I have heard very good things for them working well with them. Bartolini has a 100-110mmish wide pickup and EMG has a 4" wide pickup, both would fit 8-strings well.

Well the most used Pickup for 8-strings that ive seen has been the EMG 45DC a 6 string bass pickup

Here's some links that may help you guys in search for pickups around the 8-string width. Once again, I have no idea how well these would work, but they're the correct width+.

http://www.bestbassgear.com/bartolini-g6-pickups.htm

g6.jpg

http://www.bestbassgear.com/bartolini-p4-pickups.htm

bartolini_p4.jpg

http://www.bestbassgear.com/bartolini-cf5-pickups.htm

bartolini_cf4_soap.jpg

And so on, just check the width of the pickups. Pretty sure the width you'd be looking for is inbetween 4" and 4.5", so the 5"+ one would be massive. EMG has a full list of specs on their site, www.emginc.com.