Finished Ash Randy Rhoads Project

Try the rear of the bottom point (back of the guitar using a Strat-style recess plate and socket) or my preferred placement of the back of the top horn about three or four inches from the crotch of the "V" if that is where you pop your rear strap button. Perfect to loop around for security!

+1 for the top horn mount for the strat style input. I put mine in the same place that Jackson does now. It took a really long drill bit and nerves of steel to hit the bridge pickup pocket, without hitting the Floyd Rose routing.

Dude, i looked at the other ones you designed, and theyre pretty sick. That wild design jsut does it for me. Keep it up, but, you know by now, make your own logo.

thanks. im still learing about all this. ive been at it for about 2 years, but i am all self taught. im only 17, and is hard to pay for supplies. that wild one is going to be a flat black with emgs. i am starting another one soon that will be neck thru mahogany wings and neck.

Yah, I'm sixteen, and i started my first project a month or so ago. http://projectguitar.ibforums.com/index.ph...=my+first+build. Its coming out alright, but nowhere near as professionally as the people on this forum.

I only wanted to say that the guy only put the logo, it's ok that it's illegal, but he only put it for cosmethic.

I don't want to go offtopic on this thread, so i'm not going to right anything more.

"Yes officer, I know it's illegal, but I only did it for cosmetic reasons!" You're stupid if you think that's any kind of acceptable defense.

I'm seconding Perry's call for banning/deleting posts involving this kind of thing.

I only wanted to say that the guy only put the logo, it's ok that it's illegal, but he only put it for cosmethic.

I don't want to go offtopic on this thread, so i'm not going to right anything more.

"Yes officer, I know it's illegal, but I only did it for cosmetic reasons!" You're stupid if you think that's any kind of acceptable defense.

I'm seconding Perry's call for banning/deleting posts involving this kind of thing.

Yes, we all understand the legality of this issue. Now, he understands the legality of this issue. I really don't think he will be doing it again any time soon. I have been here for a year, and don't recall seeing this type of thing very often, so can we all just continue now.

Yes, we all understand the legality of this issue. Now, he understands the legality of this issue. I really don't think he will be doing it again any time soon. I have been here for a year, and don't recall seeing this type of thing very often, so can we all just continue now.

It only has to happen ONCE, to upset someone (business) with lots and lots of money, and anger them enough to shut this place down (and take the admin team with it). I dont want to see that. Im sure you dont either.

yeah but i say dont delete the posts

how will they learn...just have an admin post telling them about the issues and then lock the thread

Yeah, i guess we shouldnt lock people up for murder. Just hang the dead bodies in the street, and tell people not to talk about it...

Either way, its not our decision. Its Brian's, and the admin/mod team.

yeah but i say dont delete the posts

how will they learn...just have an admin post telling them about the issues and then lock the thread

Yeah, i guess we shouldnt lock people up for murder. Just hang the dead bodies in the street, and tell people not to talk about it...

Either way, its not our decision. Its Brian's, and the admin/mod team.

this site is for learning from mistakes, and finding out what you did wrong. ok i know now, so why do people have to keep hitting me with bad remarks? cant we just leave it at this?

It only has to happen ONCE, to upset someone (business) with lots and lots of money, and anger them enough to shut this place down (and take the admin team with it). I dont want to see that. Im sure you dont either.

I see where you are coming from, and I understand completely. And no, I do not ever want to see this forum go away. I have learned a lot from all of the regular posters, and you. We all contribute to help others learn. I think he has learned his lesson. :D

Perry, this is the most metal thing i've heard all week. My hat goes off to you!

I'm on the side of "no commercial logos" because it's only a Jackson/Ibanez/whatever design - not a Jackson/Ibanez/whatever.

I sure as hell wouldn't put a Fender logo on my Koa/Ash Tele as much as I wouldn't put a Gibson, Gretsch or Taylor logo on it! It's a Fender-designed shape sure, but it's not a Fender (or a Larrivee, Godin, Myka)!!

Knock yourself out if it's for personal cosmetic reasons, but if you're trying to sell it - despite acknowledging fully it's not a Jackson - you're still selling an item with trademarked logos and designs!

As much as I used to have my teenage desires to own a big name label instrument with ThatName on the headstock, it is equally as cool if not much cooler to own an instrument of the same quality with MyOwn™ name on the headstock. Pride in your work man! It's a fine instrument for sure, but it would look a lot better with your own name or logo on it.

To sum up:

http://www.qwantz.com/index.pl?comic=883

So unless you can duplicate Brent Spiner, I call baloney.

hahahaha i love it

have u look at the other ones they use the exact same pictures

(but not exacly as the others are not orginal)hahahaha.............fun and educational

I read it daily Rob (being daily of course!). It's true - very edumacational! As an aside (to mention, not to threadjack) i've contaced Woodycustom as I love your _RS-style instrument. Very nice.