New Variax

canuckguitarist

lol the logo should be "every ugly guitar", but i'm sure if you put on a blind fold and plug that..... thing..... into the vetta head with 2 cabs you'd be delightfully suprised :D

I can so tell I'm not the target demographic for the guitar - I think it looks terrible, and sound replication is utterly pointless IMHO. But then again I'm all about simplicity.  :D

well at 2 am it's a hell of alot more simple to plug your guitar into a sound replication box of some sort, weather it be a studio with built in effects, or the line 6 guitar, into one of the high end line 6 heads, out the line out, into your computer,.... it's still alot easier then trying to mic a cab when your parents sleep directly above your guitar/computer room...... and i just haven't had the greatest experience with mic'ing cabs either... i can never get the mic to capture what i'm hearing out of the speakers...

it actually doesn't play bad, the sounds are ok IMO. the only problem is the vibe, which to me is a HUGE issue. it doesn't feel like all of the guitars it supposedly replicates.

Okay, the cheapshot return would have been "I bet your girlfriend told the same to her friends..."

Nah seriously, I didn't have the chance of playing the Variax, but from what I read it emulates the guitar types as well as the Line6 amps emulate the original amps, which is okay when you need the versatility and dont have that 100% purist approach. If you want the original, buy the original, if you're in for a compromise for the sake of flexibility and saved $$$ go for it. To each his own, and I think the Variax design may not be the coolest ever made, but at the same time it's not meant as a showoff guitar, so what the heck.

so long

ace (the mean twin)