Newbie Guitar Project (yes Another One )

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

174800.jpg

so thats about it for the moment i have to wait a good week for the primer to properly cure before i can really start getting the little bits fixed up and heading it towards geting the paint ,but comeing along ok

Edited by evilbetty

could someone please look at this wiring diagram for me and tell me if this will work for me ,also what does split mean????im going to use a seymour duncan invader high output humbucker pick up cheers any one im not to sure about the wiring

203418.jpg

well as its a seymour duncan pickup you'l be using that will work just fine. the split uses a push/pull pot and it cuts the pickup from two coils to just one, for a single coil type sound. if you dont want to use that, just use a normal pot and tape off the two wires that go to the switch bit

well as its a seymour duncan pickup you'l be using that will work just fine. the split uses a push/pull pot and it cuts the pickup from two coils to just one, for a single coil type sound. if you dont want to use that, just use a normal pot and tape off the two wires that go to the switch bit

ahhhhh i seee thank you well then its all good!!! shouldnt be to hard to wire this up then :D

so now i can just concertrait on geting the body lookin all nice and pretty hahahaha

cheers for clearing that up for me mate

k well finally got a bit of paint on it,didnt quite go as well as i hoped tho had a lot of sink back and joins showed up pretty bad but ahhw well still looks ok for a first try

090639.jpg

thats it all sanded ready to go

sadly it looks alot better in the pics than it does in real life!!!!!

085413.jpg

nah, thats good!!! blacks a hard thing to get right and i always find imperfections i can see that no one else will ever notice.... put it together and i bet no-on will ever see the things that are giving you reservations!!

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

well have to say im pretty stoked right now,after the months of work and all the uncertainlty about doing this project,it was well worth it !!!!

firstly ive learnt alot of stuff doing this i never knew there was so much to guitars,

but now i do may be interested in doing another if the time and money are there

as this has taken me a good few months and well over 1000 dollars but heres the kicker

after putting it together and wiring it up exactly how the wiring diagram said,i pluged it in and it work first go straight off the bat that was great ,and if that wasnt enuf i havnt done any adjustments yet intonation etc but it plays like 5 times better than my shop bought bc rich warlock ,i really cant get over it!!!!!!!!!!! the action is very low and smooooth ,the pick up is insane !!!!!!!!!!!!thank you seymour duncan!!!! great quailty also thank you steward mcdonald for supplying the first rate neck thru neck ,prasies to them all round ,and cheers to you guys who offered advice when i requested,

so heres more picks ill get some better ones shortly after i finsih it off a bit more completely ,

have to make a wiring cover and get it set up properly but on the hole for a first project guitar

ever made by myself i think i done ok ,what you guys think ????oviusly not as super as what has been done on these forums in the past but i think in my own way its pretty good ?????????

maybe i should enter it in the guitar of the month??????????hahahhahahhaha yeah like this would win that,ive checked those guitars that go into that there just mind blowin !!!!!!!1 well enuf burble heres pics

223835.jpg

Well that came out really well,didn't it?

Next time though you MUST make your own neck....you will be amazed at how much better a well made handmade neck will play compared to the storebought blank...I built my first with the same neckthrough blank and although I loved it at the time,my very first neck played much better...it looks like you have the talent required for sure...so dive in.

The only thing I buy premade noiw is the fretboard...because lmii has such good quality preslotted boards to any scale I want...and I hate slotting and radiusing fretboards.

I like your paint rig...I am planning one of my own that is much the same,except it will connect to the strap pin at the one end of the guitar,and hook through a tuner hole at the other end,and allow me to rotate the guitar as I spray.

• 11 months later...

thanks guys been a while since i been on here but im working on a few new projects probably post up one soon ,this guitar is now for sale if anyones interested email me