Building a guitar from scratch....NEED HELP

Hi my name is Chris Breuer.  I am a senior at the Marine Academy of Science and Technology High school in NJ.  For my year long senior project i have chosen to design and consruct my own guitar.  For this project i need to recruit mentors, professionals in the hobby/business, to help me on my path.   I was curious if anyone would like to help me out.  If so Respond via email.   thanks.

Its real simple, all you have to do is give me advice on guitars

:D My Email-Joiseyboy41786@aol.com B)

Hi AntiChris,

The first thing that I would do if I were you is run down to the nearest book store, or use Amazon.com and get of copy of Melvin Hiscocks book, "Make Your Own Electric Guitar." It is an amazing resource and will help you with many issues.

The second thing that I would do is check out the manufacturers web sites and see what they have to offer in terms of equipment, materials, and finishes.

The third thing to do, and likely the most difficult, is decide where you want to end up. What kind of guitar, what PUPs, what kind of finish, what scale. And one thing to keep in mind is: KISS.

And then: :DB):D some more.

People never plan to fail. Rather, people fail to plan.

Good luck, have fun, and take lots of pix.

Guitar Ed

Advice worth what you paid for it. Nothing.