Custom Ebmm Evh Style

I made some customizations to the EBMM EVH guitar.

One piece swamp ash body with 1/8" quilt/flame maple top.

Mighty Mite maple/maple floyd neck.

I have a Dimarzio Tone Zone in the bridge and a Breed in the neck.

I chose to use chrome pickup rings (like on my Limba Wolfgang)

I also chose to have both tone and volume knobs, but in chrome

Instead of a binding, I'm going to do more of a burst look with the edges darker.

It's going to be a dark blue color, which should make the white pickups just POP

Only advice I wanted was whether I should cut the headstock like the shortened EBMM style 4 X 2, or leave it like it is Strat shaped.

141_4149.jpg

141_4148.jpg

Funny that you should post an EVH style the same time as another...both have different neck types to the original but yours doesn't seem to work for me. I think that the possible reason why is that the body curves upwards & the headstock slopes downwards. The more I look at it the more it grows on me but it still doesn't seem to flow quite right. The 4x2 would probably work better but I don't know how feasible that would be.

Y'know what I'm actually starting to like it as-is now :D

[EDIT] LOL...I didn't realise that you did the other one too :D

Funny that you should post an EVH style the same time as another...both have different neck types to the original but yours doesn't seem to work for me. I think that the possible reason why is that the body curves upwards & the headstock slopes downwards. The more I look at it the more it grows on me but it still doesn't seem to flow quite right. The 4x2 would probably work better but I don't know how feasible that would be.

Y'know what I'm actually starting to like it as-is now :D

[EDIT] LOL...I didn't realise that you did the other one too :D

Yeah, the other one had been finished for a month, just added the chrome rings. This one is almost done.

I may leave the headstock as is for now, see how I like it, if it's balanced, and can always change it later.

I PERSONALLY like the 4X2 style way better for this particular guitar. If you have an elegant way of converting to the 4X2, that gets my vote. But if it'll be too messy then just stick with the strat shape.

Only an opinion of course. :D

Guitar Fetish just picks up overrun and discontinued stuff it seems. They are kind of the Big Lots of guitar parts. I bet that those necks were made for OLP guitars, which means they are pretty good.

I like the Fender-style head myself but it changes the whole feel of the guitar to something more tele-like, which maybe is what you guys don't like.

Whheeeew! I can't get enough of that blue stain. As I've said before my fav finished from here are those blue ones and that figure is amazing. Very nice stuff, looks great! Keep the progress pics coming. J

Whheeeew! I can't get enough of that blue stain. As I've said before my fav finished from here are those blue ones and that figure is amazing. Very nice stuff, looks great! Keep the progress pics coming. J

Thanks. Well, as far as progress, it's going to be hanging up curing for the next 3-4 weeks. Then I'll wet sand and polish it.