Newbie Build

Slowly finishing.

I ended up re fretting the whole thing. This guitar has been a tricky build, and to me there is alot of improvement needed ( I am a real perfectionist!)

Tomorrow I will route out the bridge pickup cavity, and on Sunday I will drill holes for the bridge and the ferrules. Hopefully a first coat of Nitro this week!.

fullbodybackdq5.jpg

Sanded with 1200 gritt...

Full Body shot.

Full body again

Tasty neck

Neck shot two.

First pickup

Cheers guys.

I like how this one is coming along, great work! -Vinny

it should be tight enough that a little strength is used to get it in; but when you hear sqeaking and/or it goes in uneven its a bit too tight;

but you should feel comfortable holding it by the neck with only the join keeping them together; oh ya, no gaps

This is the best description Ive read yet, Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Finally started painting. Oz tradie has helped out a **** load, teachin' me all the tricks of the trade.

So we have applied 3 coats of blond shellac as an under coat, then grain filled it with Timber mate.

We then sanded it back and applied the first few coats of Nitro, followed by another sanding back, and then more Nitro.

Its coming up great, and seems to be very even.

backbodysv0.jpg

Full body

A few days to cure, and a few coats of Nitro later:

Click

Another few.

Click

Back of the Headstock blocked back.

Click

Body sanded

Click

Decal: I decided to choose the Gold/black one. It should look shweet with Gold hard ware.

Click

Nearly there:

Click

Done

The decal is .4mm thick, so the Nitro should make it look 3D. It should raise a tad out of the paint.

Click

Cheers dudes,

Deano

Edited by theaxe

• 2 weeks later...

I put the last nitro coats on this a week ago.

I'll let it sit for another week and a half and then buff her up to a nice gloss.

Just in time for Deano to get back from Overseas and hastily assemble it

for his VCE assessment. He should be fairly happy, I hope.

neck heel

whole back

DSC00203.jpg

cheers, Stu

Beeeautiful Stu and Deano.

Looks like a twin sister for yours, Stu - but at least this one isn't built backwards. :D

Cheers,

Brian.

It has been a little like deja-vu. It's all Deano's design way before he saw mine on this forum in March.

And it's not a bad twin sister to have either !!!! There's only one glitch...............Deano wants it back in a week and a bit to assemble. :D

DSC00218.jpg

Backs

cheers, Stu