What Wood?

I saw this earlier in a different thread I believe and tried to figure it out and couldn't even come up with a guess. Is that its natural color? The area where it looks like the bottom piece is attached to the middle, it almost looks like a stain was started to be sanded off or something. I dunno, I have no ideas for you, I will say I think it looks pretty cool if its the natural color. Best of luck in figuring it out. J

yeah im pretty sure it its natural colour the back has nothin on it and its slightly light only because in the picture i put some water on it........the lighter part is just part of the grain

i kinda like it and i think im using it for a top

ohh i said in the other thread but if anyone knows of estey oragans thats what the wood is from if thats a hin at all

cheers

• 6 months later...

that lower part (the part below the glue line) looks just like black walnut, but it would be fairly heavy it it was. could they have glued a piece of not walnut to walnut and stained it to look like walnut (colourwise) to make it match (maybe something happened to the other half in its previous life).

It is hard to say, Organs are not built like pianos, and the wood is treated mor like a piece of furnature. Mayby northern ash?(looks like the wood is stained to me), but if not and that is the actual color of the raw wood, eastern Black Walnut is a possibility. Is it solid hardwood or veneered Plywood?

Peace,Rich