Summer Projects

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

body cut out.. the darker patch is where i got a dent on the spalt so had to steam it out - should be fine once its dried out!!!

12-2.jpg

and the neck just prior to gluing on the fretboard:

th_19.jpg

the neck is zebrano and bocote and the fretboard is bocote. Gonna use a 6 a side headstock for a change!!

had some problems with the bocote during glue-up. I really should have wiped the stuff with acetone first. everyone feel free to learn from my mistakes :D

Anyway the glue didnt hold so i will restart the neck with a solid indian rosewood blank:

23-1.jpg

i will be able to save the other neck but cant be bothered today

yeah it was nice wood on that neck and i hope i can save it but theres no point being precious about it - the next neck will be even better

The neck looked great on its own, but IMHO I think that the rosewood will look better with that body.... I just think the rosewood compliments the spalted maple a little better somehow.

yeah it was nice wood on that neck and i hope i can save it but theres no point being precious about it - the next neck will be even better

The neck looked great on its own, but IMHO I think that the rosewood will look better with that body.... I just think the rosewood compliments the spalted maple a little better somehow.

you are right ben, thats why i aint to bothered about it!!

here is the new neck cut out and slotted and it is currently havinfg the skunk stripe glued in the back. i made the stripe from an offcut of a acrylised b/e maple fretboards so the whole thing should polish up nice without a finish

27.jpg

here is the new neck cut out and slotted and it is currently havinfg the skunk stripe glued in the back. i made the stripe from an offcut of a acrylised b/e maple fretboards so the whole thing should polish up nice without a finish

27.jpg

this is gonna be one good looking guitar. i love that rosewood neck!

body cut out.. the darker patch is where i got a dent on the spalt so had to steam it out - should be fine once its dried out!!!

12-2.jpg

and the neck just prior to gluing on the fretboard:

th_19.jpg

the neck is zebrano and bocote and the fretboard is bocote. Gonna use a 6 a side headstock for a change!!

How punky (soft) is that spalt top?

anyone else having problems with the pics - they are all on photobucket!!

I think it was just a temorary thing yesterday - they all disappeared for me too, but are back now