Zebrawood Neck?

So, i have a truss rod laying(that i cut out of an old guitar that wasn't quite up to my standards, i waste NOTHING lol) around and recently I've been very bored, my only project going on is my science project guitar until i make my first amp in December. so, i want to know, would zebrawood be stable enough to make an entire neck out of, I think its kind of prone to warping? Also, to kill Boredom recently, I've been stocking up on fretboards; I made a few zebrawood and a few maple, so it wont be much of a loss if it fails, so if its questionable it'll be okay since i have all the wood, and materials sitting around collecting dust.

Edited by carousel182

So, i have a truss rod laying(that i cut out of an old guitar that wasn't quite up to my standards, i waste NOTHING lol) around and recently I've been very bored, my only project going on is my science project guitar until i make my first amp in December. so, i want to know, would zebrawood be stable enough to make an entire neck out of, I think its kind of prone to warping? Also, to kill Boredom recently, I've been stocking up on fretboards; I made a few zebrawood and a few maple, so it wont be much of a loss if it fails, so if its questionable it'll be okay since i have all the wood, and materials sitting around collecting dust.

zebrawood is extremly stiff, and works great for necks. the only thing is when you carve the back of the neck, the lighter parts of the wood carve easier than the dark parts. other than that, it worked great for me. check it out

DCAM0040.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb262/k.../DCAM0042-1.jpg

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb262/k...ie/DCAM0041.jpg

I never liked Zebra wood, looked real cool until you had to work with it. Used it once for a top and took it off my to buy list. As a fingerboard I think I would pass but as a neck should work fine. Why ruin the look I vote for scarfing it.

Worked out really well for me too. Definitely not an easy wood to work with, but it does teach you to constantly clean and hone your planes and spokeshaves during construction! I backstrapped the back of the headstock scarf also. Wouldn't have it any other way.

wengezeb8_16.jpg

Full shot of the back of the neck (larger than 640 x 480....)