what do you guys think of my 1st design?

ok, i'm 15 years old, and i'm working on my first all custom guitar. I'm preety much working by the tutorials, and trial and error. This is my first design, but i'm worried that it looks a bit too much like a b.c.rich mockingbird. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm also open to suggestions on modifications to make it look/play better, and if anybody would have any ideas as to what wood to use, it would be greatly appreciated. ALSO, IF ANYBODY HAS ANY NECKS, FRETBOARD OR NO, IT DOESN'T MATTER, THAT I COULD BUY FOR PREETY CHEAP (I'M ON A VERY LIMITED BUDGET) PLEASE EMAIL ME AT AVANTIDRAG@YAHOO.COM

please click on link and go to guitar bodies to view the designs i want to persue

http://www.angelfire.com/music5/guitarbuilder/ :D

I'm a little more traditional with body designs, but you're the one building it. I personally prefer guitars that are made to play, and play well. Maybe later I'll do it just for the art, but I want a guitar I can beat the crap out of (or baby it (yeah right....Me beating a guitar)). I really do like the inlay designs, you're gonna have fun with those though.

the inlay looks cool, however itll be a pain in the ass puttin it in! i think the most dadical i would go with a guitar is the Jackson Rhodes. i have some alterations on this design in dwg format (i think) ask me if you want them e-mailed. i have designed some more different Rhodes "v's" 27 and 29 fret ones, even an 8 stringed one, but im not gonna build them!.

cya

mike

the inlay is totally doable....but by a pro. I've seen some crazy inlays done. Where the fretboard is more mother of pearl than wood. :D. You can try to find pics of Jackson's NAMM03 custom shop guitars. They're painted w/ a dragon on the body shooting flames up the neck. The flames are done w/ MoP (I think) really intricate, really kewl. So yours are doable.

The bodys....i'm not really into. The 1st one the rear looks like the ESP new explorers, and the front looks like a BC Rich style. Neither of which i'm into.

Same w/ the rest.

But if you like it, go for it. Thats what this is all about. B)