Current Project Nearing Completion. 6 String Semi

jammy

Cool Design!!!! I keep staring at it, I like it. Almost reminds me of a single cut mixed with a cool bass. I like the somewhat simple, but elegant look you got going on also, works well with the design. I can't wait to see how that top looks after getting finished, I can see the figure on it slightly and I bet once finished it will just pop right out. Very nice work, bet that will sound like a dream. Best of luck. Keep the pics coming. J

That’s a lot of room between the neck pickup and the bridge. Since it’s a 27” baritone aren’t you afraid it might be a bit on the overly bassy side without the option of a bridge pickup? Walnut and mahogany tend to produce warm tones as it is. Just a thought.

I guess if it’s meant for Jazz it would be cool but I can’t remember the last time I used a nick pickup when using my baritone guitars.

I like the shape and also can’t wait to see the finished product. I am a glutton for walnut!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you noticed, but the guitar also has a graphtech piezo pickup system - a blend of the 2 creates some great tones.

It's only had a couple of coats at the mo, but I thought I mayswell post a pic or 2! I'll be back in the booth tomorrow.

01.jpg

Pic2

I dig nearly the whole project, except how the lower horn comes straight into the neck. I just think it would have looked better if it curved up a bit where it attaches to the neck. But other than that, it looks really sweet, and I love how the neck carve comes in on the singlecut. Reminds me of the ACG basses. What type of P90 did you pick? And do you have any construction pictures? How much of the body is carved out?

Love the finish and the single-cut style with the uncut still having a nice unique shape!

I do have to admit the guitar looks a tad awkward without another pickup on it, but as long as you can get good tone out of it, anything works. Nice build, it looks really stunning.

I had the guitar finished in time for a jazz festival that I was displaying some instruments at, and it all went great! Russell Malone was headlining one of the nights at the festival, and dropped by my stand to play some of the instruments :D

Here's a picture of the finished singlecut taken in the evening sunshine...

01.jpg

And check out my youtube page to see Russell malone playing both this guitar, and my baritone acoustic... http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkMatterGuitars