Bubinga?

Snork

supposed to sound "louder" then maple as a body.... so i assume the mid's and high's are just boosted, i have bubinga in mind for a project but i'm still trying to find a good 1" peice figured peice for a 1 peice top, but most are like 60-80$ it's not the cheapest stuff around

yeah bubinga is a beutiful wood! im currently building a mahogany body with a three piece bubinga top that has a 1/8 strip of canary wood in the jionts and ar aligned with the neck so there kinda like racing stripes. it looks great! the neck is a three piece lam. that is canary in the center and another white figured exotic on the outsides,im not sure what it is. but bubinga is a very popular wood.

what about a glued in bubinga neck with a bubinga 2 piece body?

an andvill with strings and a strap eh?

:D ya, that might be a touch on the heavy side, course basswood has a specific grativty of 0.37, alder 0.41, mahogany 0.45, maple 0.63, and bubinga 0.71, so it doesn't seem to be a great deal heavier then maple, compared to ebony 0.82, or a jatoba body @ 0.91

thanks ramparts B)

Guest Litchfield Custom Gutars

Warwick basses are all bubinga. It kinda smells like creamy vanilla...at least to me. I recently build a bass (had to rush, too :D ) but I put it on Mahogany, and the tome....OMG!!! sustain, balance, weight for days. I like it. The warwicks are quite balanced too.