Cigar Box Guitar Finished

Following on from Jehle's awesome creations, I thought I'd have a bash at knocking up a CBG.

Unfortunately I still can't get on to any sites to host pics, so the easiest way for me to show you guys is for you to click on the link below (where someone has alrady posted the pics for me - cheer WezV).

You can see my comments about it in the first post.

http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/forum/...pic.php?t=13066

Nice work man thats pretty cool

nice im glad you posted that

i was in memphis last weekend and a guy was playing a 4 string on beale a friend of mine wants one and i was wondering what a six string with a real bridge and pick up would look like.

At the minute the strings do slightly touch the box, but the bridge has to be raised as the action is very low (waiting until it's wired before I set it all up properly as I have to take the neck off again) - which is one of the reasons that the bridge posts as still sticking up so much. Once it's raised there should be no problems.... but at the minute, it has no noticable effect.

You’re right, the HB is two single coils duct taped together. One of the SC’s was held together with masking tape so I decided to continue the theme. They look really old and they’re so big and fat that I could resist making a HB out of them.