Yesterday I Completed 2 Guitars

Hello all!

I've been trying to get my head around building guitars,

it's very addictive. I'm a luthier rookie don't have any education,

and really don't have a clue to what I'm doing .. but still I do it ..

heheheh, and I've only done parts before, but this time I made 2 from scratch ...

1 tele - style guitar

1 Ken1 - custom -- (the croc) :D

I finished a tele style guitar today, and a custom "my preferences" guitar ..

they both play well, especially the custom which plays very well .. way better than I expected it to ...

-----describing it ----------

The second completed today ...

I've tried to gather my favorite preferences into this one, ... maple neck, H.S.H (steve vai wiring scheme) scalloped from 15 to 24 ... very easy access to the higher frets ... tonerider HB's and Kent Armstrong in the middle

the headstock laminated with ebony for strength....

---------------------------

the croc1

the croc 2

the croc 3

the croc 4

and the tele style

---- describing the tele ----

This "tele" style guitar is not a fender in any way, I've built it from scratch ... and the so called logo on the headstock is painted by hand intentionally so that it is obvious that it is not a real fender ... because I don't want to counterfit or that anyone think I try to pull a stunt like that ... thats why I made the logo "shaky" and then named it frankencaster to remove any doubt ..

oh well, nothing fancy, rosewood neck (made more black) and an old PAF in the neck, and a K.Armstrong in the bridge ... my own painting scheme ... my first completed tele style guitar

--------------------------

tele1

tele 2

tele3

okie dokie

thats all from me today .. hope you like em ..

have a good one

//Ken1

// I hope the pictures show this time *grin*

** I'm no longer young enough to know everything **

Edited by KenHan

Hmm, well I tried to figure out hot to include the pictures in the posting,

but didn't get it to work .. thats why I tried to link to a place where I did upload them ..

how do I include the pictures here ?

can I upload them here somehwere?

sorry guys ,,,

I finally worked up the guts to post it, hehehe..

well any help are apreciated

/Ken

the superstrat looks like your centerline is off... otherwise, both look alright. but whats with the fender logo on the tele? :D

---- describing the tele ----

This "tele" style guitar is not a fender in any way, I've built it from scratch ... and the so called logo on the headstock is painted by hand intentionally so that it is obvious that it is not a real fender ... because I don't want to counterfit or that anyone think I try to pull a stunt like that ... thats why I made the logo "shaky" and then named it frankencaster to remove any doubt ..

Hmm. I say again, HMMMMM. I'm really digging the color scheme of the croc. REALLY works together! Shoulda kept the color scheme going into the headstock, but that's cuz I love matching headstocks. The body does look like you took the whole design, and turned the body crooked to the centerline of the neck. Interesting, and I kinda dig it. I wonder how fun it would be to do a more drastic crooked turn? Make it really look like a crooked guitar? Or does that sound too gimmicky?

The tele.... yes, you're just learning. So while the actual fit and functionality is probably quite comfy, that burst finish looks BAD. I say this not to insult you or to rag on your skills, but to tell you with all honesty, this is where you need to practice and improve. I love the very dark nature of the colors you chose, so it's not that it's a bad idea, just bad execution. So... before your next attempt, build some crap mockups from some pine 2x8's from Home Depot, and practice that burst effect. There's lots of info here on the actual technique, so do your homework and learn everything you can. Please don't hate me, I wanna be honest-to-a-fault because I want you to improve. Your ideas are quite solid and your build skills are adequate. To improve, you must make mistakes to learn from, right?

Now do that Croc with an archtop body!!! OH YEAAAAH!!!! \m/ \m/