Gibson Les Paul Bfg Unique Piece

GOTM stands for Guitar of the Month, a contest that we hold every month to vote on handmade guitars. The winner gets their guitar featured on the front page of projectguitar.com and bragging rights :D

By the way, I completely agree in entering this into the competition. It's nothing short of fantastic! Can you give us any information/insight into your methods?

Edited by Xanthus

GOTM stands for Guitar of the Month, a contest that we hold every month to vote on handmade guitars. The winner gets their guitar featured on the front page of projectguitar.com and bragging rights :D

By the way, I completely agree in entering this into the competition. It's nothing short of fantastic! Can you give us any information/insight into your methods?

Aha...just don´t forget the guitar is NOT handmade..it´s a Gibson, the adorned work is by me, so there is no misunderstanding there.

Well how I do it...I just carve :D

You know I am an artist that work with prints, painting, sculpture and I have taken my skills and my art and brought to guitars. I have been playing guitars since I was round 13 and now i am 38. Round 2002 I started working with linoleum/woodcut and got a telecaster body. I thought that I should test to make the same things on guitars....

I sold it immediately to Austria. The latest work I have been sponsored by the local musicshop, first with a SG that I sold right away and now the Les Paul...

Totally. GOTM is guitar of the month, not build of the month....any unique piece which is crafted and worked on to make it something special and...unique...

Where are the fret markers, by the way?

Well it´s a BFG and they dont have dots on the fretboard, just on top of the neck, I was planning to do some inlays but I am affraid to do that...not yet anyway.... :D

Kind of reminds me of what an indigenous Aztec would do if he got hold of an LP today. You could of provided some poison blow darts to the luck buyer to protect this baby! Awesome! GOTM!

I think you have to explain that...you know I´m swedish... :D

How much do you charge for stuff like that?

Chris

well how do you charge artwork? 1 dollar or 500 million dollar? It`s really hard...

I got the guitar out on ebay right now and let´s see how it goes....

Edited by jesp

Kind of reminds me of what an indigenous Aztec would do if he got hold of an LP today. You could of provided some poison blow darts to the luck buyer to protect this baby! Awesome! GOTM!

I think you have to explain that...you know I´m swedish... :D

sorry, luck should have been "lucky". Also, one of the Aztec's weapons of the era consisted of a long tube and they would blow darts out of it. The darts would be covered in poison. The person or animal shot would fall to the ground as the poison from the darts would take effect. It was a very accurate weapon, unless you sneezed and accidentally shot your friend. :D

Hope that cleared things up a little, I think I got myself carried away.

Wow, That guitar is spectacular!

Great work.

• 2 weeks later...