Random Guitar Body

There was a guitar player in town who also owned a guitar shop. the man's name was Dan Falley. I never knew him but know a lot of guys that did and after he passed away, the guy whose guitar shop I go to bought out the inventory of his store...

This guitar body was there, and I took it hoping to build it into a real one (which I plan on doing still)

frsideguitar.jpg

backsideguitar.jpg

I think it's made of Ash, but I don't know. it's a heavy-azz body, that's for sure.

anyway...it's a three piece body...bottom, and two top pieces.

as you can see, it's routed for about a million switches. should be interesting.

Ryan

that could be.

the strat neck I have mostly fits the pocket (the rounded end makes it not go deep enough but the hole pattern is right), but that neck needs a refret which I can't afford right now... I did bid on two necks on eBay so we'll see what happens.

Well, I've stripped the body and done two coats of pickling white stain... looking VERY nice. I was going to post some pics but they look like crap, so I'm gonna skip it. I'll get a lot of flack for some parts...but I'm not done yet, and it's my first time so...yeah.

I'm gonna finish the guitar with spray polyurethane.. so far the "blonde" is coming out EXACTLY like i wanted though. I'm really excited about it...blonde is my favorite finish on a guitar. (my wifey was making fun of me for it earlier..liking blondes.. lol..she's brunette)

anyway.. I'm gonna use an off brand Barcus-Berry pickup in the neck, and for now a single in the bridge...unless I can get my hands on a cheap SD from my local guy, in which case I'll have a hum there as is intended.

I'm debating on what the bridge should be. I'm sort of thinking a bigsby with a TOM... if no bigsby at least a TOM...not seen on this style of guitar much but I think it would look good. I don't know off-hand of any technical issues with using the TOM versus a strat hardtail bridge...

I'm getting the building bug BAD. I might have to keep doing this.

Ry

Are you going to route it out for a vibrato?

No probably not. I almost never use my trem on my strat. okay, I never do.

what i really want is a b-bender but that will probably go on my strat since it's my "number one" guitar..

it'll be a hardtail or a bigsby...