Latest Superstrat Build

This build has been in the works for over a year...One of those "on the back burner" projects. I dusted it off long enough to finally finish it.

Here are the specs:

Alder body with a one piece padauk inlaid flame design

Recessed TOM bridge

Strat style neck with matching padauk HS inlay

One hum/ one vol layout

Gohtoh tuners

Black hardware

The original idea was to have a padauk fretboard & HS that flowed into the flame design, but I decided to use a strat neck with an ebony board instead. I also decided to go with a TOM bridge instead of the floyd. Here is the original artwork:

PDflame0.jpg

I've been seeing something similar in one of the ads in the back of Guitar World. I was wondering when someone would give it a shot. The work is nice & clean, but I wouldn't have used paduk. When it turns brown, the effect will be lost.

I was thinking to cut it out with a scroll saw, do it in flamed maple and stain the flames red.

I thought about going with a flame or quilted maple in alder, but I had a couple 12" wide pieces of padauk laying around. I like the natural contrast of the two woods. The padauk has some really nice flash in direct light. The main reason I didnt go with a padauk fretboard is because the color under the clearcoat appears darker, and over time it may brown up some.

I have the final assembly about 90% complete. I'll post pics when it's done.

I really like this idea and the Body looks Good, but that neck is just lacking. the heal is to round and its a fender headstock

But all in all very nice Axe :D

You know you want to!! you have a nice flowing design that Grinds to a halt at the Heal of a fender neck.

I really think a 3X3 headstock and a nice flame shape coming off the fretboard would look bad ass, Also ebony board

Edited by !!METAL MATT!!