Gold Top Tele Jr

jaydawg

Thanks for the kind works. This one came out very well. The gold on the headstock really helped to tie the neck in with the gibson look. I also stained the back of the neck to better match the mahogany of the body. The revers control plate helped to neutralize a bit of the tele look making the whole thing work a little better.

And as far as the sound, its killer. All the twang and spank that comes with good single coils as well as the full bodied tone and sustain of the mahogany body. A great rock guitar! If you haven't tried any of Don Mares pup you should. Some of the best single coils being wound today.

I LOVE it! Excellent work, your pickguard design and everything ties together so good! Awesome!

Thanks!

The pickguard is just a straight up Jr guard that I added the tele parts to. I can't remember the name of the site right now but one of the pickguard makers have PDF templates of all their guards. So I just printed up the Jr guard and added the neck pup and control plate cut.

One thing I've noticed is that the headstock seems to tie into the guard. They both have very similar curves and work well together.