Swirl Again. Ogmc, I Guess =)

So, my black and white didn't work out so I decided to sand it down and start something different. Here's the result:

Green base colour and I used black, orange and yellow for swirling. Was supposed to use green and orange but didn't find green in the stores I visited. I think it became quite interesting and a bit different than what's usually seen.

What do you guys think about this?

3900550.t.jpg

3900558.t.jpg

3900570.t.jpg

3900580.t.jpg

3900591.t.jpg

3900601.t.jpg

I have seen several of your swirls, they all look interseting. However I notice that the finish is a bit rough right after you swilrled it. Do you have and pictures of a final completed swirl??

I have seen several of your swirls, they all look interseting. However I notice that the finish is a bit rough right after you swilrled it. Do you have and pictures of a final completed swirl??

I know. I have a lot to learn in clearcoating. The previous one got screwed up so I sanded it down. Guess I'm resanding, swirling and clear coating these until I get 'em look right :D

I know. I have a lot to learn in clearcoating. The previous one got screwed up so I sanded it down. Guess I'm resanding, swirling and clear coating these until I get 'em look right :D

The process reminded me of a children's project my daughter did with paints in a water medium. Except she used paper which absorbed the additional paint so it was a flat surface.

Anyway here is a link I have to swirled finish techniques also called marbleizing. The article also mentions Fender Custom guitar swirl but provides no details how they did it.

The wood looks kinda grainy in that last pic? How are you preping the body before dipping, and what kind of wood is it? And yes, what type of clear are you putting on, and how?

Might help us give some feedback on making a few things better for ya...

To me, it just looks like he used REALLY coarse sandpaper. That could be the effect your seeing that looks like it was brushed.

I haven't sanded it yet. It's now three thin layers of coat.

I used a brush for the coats. Let's see how it'll look like after showing some 500 grit paper to it.