What tricks does B.C.Rich use?

Hi!

Can you please enlighten me what tricks and woods B.C.Rich uses in order to make their extreme shapes like the Beast stable enough? It looks as if the spikes of the body would usually break during bandsawing the shape alone. Are they somehow reinforced? I ask because I want to build a guitar with an extreme shape as well, and I wonder what is needed in order to make those spikes stable enough.

Thanks in advance,

Marcel Knapp!

Wes is dead on the money,I worked for a B.C.Rich supplier for awhile and they are all pretty much just wood.Also keep in mind that B.C.Rich uses a very thick blocky body(except on their St models)and don't do a lot of rounding the way Fender might.

As for woods (except the customs and older ones) they are pretty much all alder(if I remember correctly) and ply.(sorry Mike)

Thanks for your replies. After thinking a little about the subject, I realized that all B.C. Rich Guitars have spikes where the grain runs along the spike and not perpendicular to it, which increases stability dramatically. The shape I want to build would have one spike where the grain runs perpendicular to the spike. The guitar will have a quilted maple top though, which should increase the stability. Do you think thats enough or do I have to reinforce the wood somehow?

Greets,

MK!

As for woods (except the customs and older ones) they are pretty much all alder(if I remember correctly) and ply.(sorry Mike)
:D

ply aint too bad, its more wood than glue! my brother sawed the bottom horn of his guitar for a laugh and it was ply as i suspected!