Project Super Destroyer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you covered what paint you used? Beautiful work.

Sealed with CA before beginning paint

Krylon White Primer... 2 cans

Sand 400 grit

Ace Hardware Neon Orange.

Sand 400 grit

Wait a week in the 100degree heat. (3 weeks in the winter)

8 coats of Target Coatings EM6000 Lacquer sprayed with HVLP gun @40 psi.

Dry sand with 600 - 800 to level

4 coats of Target Coatings EM6000 Lacquer sprayed with HVLP gun @40 psi.

Wait a week in the 100degree heat. (3 weeks in the winter)

Sand with 800 - 1000 - 1500 - 2000 using mineral spirits ( Stay off the edges !!!! )

Buff ( Stay off the edges !!!! )

Only thing I would change is I would do 8 coats after leveling the next time. 4 wasn't enough.

Amazing! I love the way this thing turned out! What bridge are you planning on swapping the ABMs for?

I am torn between the Kahler 3300 fixed bridge and my all time favorite surface mount the ABM Surface mount... I can get the Kahler now as it is in stock. Of course the ABM is on backorder in black with no ETA. Wish there was another supplier in the US.

I am glad I finished it instead of selling it off. One less neon guitar to build. Next up Loch Ness Green.

The colour is not vivid or bright enough, It needs to reeeeaaaaly hurt my eyes. Right now im only partially blinded by it :D

Ah no, seriously, that looks savage, came out realy cool.

That is the camera. You can not photograph it with the flash on. It hurts believe me you. It is bad in person.

I am getting a pro to shoot shots of a few guitars soon hopefully he can get it to hurt.

Such a contrast between the body and that black background that it looks like a Solidworks 3D rendering. It doesn't even look real.

I will take that as a compliment! :D

Accept for the spots where the black felt has lint on it :D and the corner of the floor creeping into the shots.

Man, I love this guitar. It looks like "the 80's metal god" drove 120 mph into a Highway Cone. Absolutley awesome! I'd like to make an rg style that color.

Do you guys think I could get a good finish on a couple cans of highway orange upside down construction paint?

No. However 2 shelves up is the correct neon orange (the one that sprays normal).