Ormsby Guitars clothing

Hi people.

Im getting a bunch of wearables made to promote my company, Ormsby Guitars. Id really like some feedback from everyone, to help me out.

Im thinking of a long sleeve black round or v neck t-shirt, with a white or yellow logo (see logo here)

The text/images will be screen printed to keep the cost down. Later on i'll get hats etc.

Im thinking something like this:

ormsby%20shirts.jpg

what do you think??

Ive chosen yellow, as it matches my car (and a like yellow). I intend to have my car for a while (and its DEFINATELY a head turner), as its only brand new, and the logo theme will most likely carry over on the car with sign writing eventually. Ive even thought of carrying the yellow theme over to the case linings.

The idea is, everyone who:

- purchases a guitar,

- buys more than a certain amount of parts,

- has had extensive repair work done to other guitars by me,

- wants to buy a shirt,

..... gets a shirt.

The design is fine. I like your headstock shape but it looks HUGE on the front of the shirt. I'd be more apt to wear it if it were smaller B). The lettering on the back is of good size but it looks a bit low. The lower part with your web address would get covered if the wearer tucks in his/her pants. Perhaps shift all the lettering up a few inches?

Man, now I want to see pictures of your car :D.

Man, now I want to see pictures of your car B).

Here you go:

2003 Holden Monaro CV8, "Devil" Yellow, 5.7lt Gen III LS1 engine, 6 speed manual, "Anthracite" Leather interior, climate control, 10 speaker surround sound and in dash six disc stacker, 18" x 8" alloy rims, with 235/40 Z rated tyres.

You guys in the USA :D know it as a new Pontiac GTO. You get a few more hp (Give me more hp anyday!), we get a lot more creature comforts, an upgraded interior, slightly different body styling, and bigger rims and tyres.

The second picture has been photoshopped to make the rims darker, and i added a red band on the tyres (like my 1968 Monaro GTS has also). They are mods im thinking of doing....

cv8-yellow2.jpg

cv8-yellow1.jpg

now, back to the topic...

I actually like the large logo on the front. Your right, the back text has to go up a bit.

There's something about good old American steel :D. It's good to see it appreciated outside of the USA. I had a friend with a '71 GTO Judge :D. Hmm... I didn't know they brought the GTO back. Yeah, that yellow sure is striking.

hehe, except the good old Pontiac GTO actually starts life as a Holden Monaro, and is built and shipped from Australia to the USA... Seems we convicts are actually showing you guys how to build your own muscle cars B)B):D:D

(except, for some reason, we pay considerable more for our version) B)B)

I was kinda thinking of a big line silouette (like on the shirt front) going from the bottom of the door, up on an angle, with the headstock being over the rear tyre, just past the rear quater window. The sillouette would be of the headstock, neck and one of the "horns" on the body. Am i making sense?

When can I order one, and how much, and do you take paypal????

You want just a headstock, or a shirt? :DB)

Prices will around $30 AUD ($22 USD), and available from the end of January.

Or, if you order over a certain value of parts (lets say $250-300 UAD) then you'll get a freebie.

Paypal is something im looking into.

whoa dude, how can you afford a Monaro? my parents have a 99' Holden Commodore Berlina. not as good, but i am a Holden lover. the Berlina's are very safe and comfortable family car. infact, the Commodore saved my life, no ****. i was in a car accident a month ago. a car side swiped our car at 100km/h, it hit my mum's driving side and i was in the passenger side. all the witnesses, police, ambulance and fire brigade kept telling my mum and i that we were lucky to be alive and they were saying things like: 'we would definitly be dead if we were in an old car.' car accidents are scary ****, i have dreams about it and i can still see the car coming towards us at slow motion. my injuries were, i got 6 stichs in back of my head, force made me smash head into the window cracking it, i got a cat scan for that. nasty whiplash and now i have to go physcio with my mum, i have a damaged spine and neck. anyways, i am just happy to be alive, thanx to Holden, or my parents for buying one. :D car is rapaired now, $15 000 damage. you could build about 15 guitars with that. :D

just a thought Perry. you should have short sleeve shirt that are yellow with a black stripe for summer. i would get a long one too for winter, then i could advertise your guitar company all year round. B) and don't forget to put your website on the shirt.

whoa dude, how can you afford a Monaro?

When you have a dream, you have to follow it. Cost more that two and a half years worth of pay, but worth every cent. Luckily i have a fiance that shared my passion (and a good job) for the Monaro, and wanted to spend "1/2 a house" on a car.... sm_driving.gif

However, at this moment in time (and for the next three months), i have two NEW Monaros. My friend has gone overseas for four months, and has entrusted me with his car also. His is black with a red interior, and he has spent a fair bit of money upgrading the engine to 300kw. Boy does it go fast! sm_burnout.gif My standard one is bloody quick, but my friend's eats mine for breakfast.... avatar8263_1.gif

Chicks, OMG, they love it. My mate can do a couple laps of the city hotspots, and pull a hot chick just by driving by. sm_flip2.gif:D:DB) Ive always got my missus with me, so it doesnt work so well for me :Dsm_slap.gif

Wanna see my 'other' Monaro, my 1968 HK GTS 400ci?

10.jpg

****, back to the subject... sm_doh.gif

As for shirts, yeah, short sleeves will be a goer too, but prolly a different design shirt (but same screen printing). Maybe even hooded jackets? Promo stuff is pretty cheap, but you need to buy it in a decent quantity >30 of each

:D you're a funny bloke Perry! i love your smiley faces btw, they are perfect for the subject matter. B) at the moment my dream is to build a custom guitar. i have a fear of driving after that accident. :D but i love Monaro's though! :D
:D  you're a funny bloke Perry! i love your smiley faces btw, they are perfect for the subject matter.

Hehe, did you get what this one meant??

sm_flip2.gifB):D:D

My mate flipping the bird to us, 'cause he pulled one... again, headbanging while he is bangin', excitement... you can guess, and well, the after show smoke...

I hated it at first because they (like everyone it seems) grabbed their 2.75% :D but it sure makes doing business on the web easy. I don't have to pile up guitars in the house and wait a week or two for money orders then dig through them and find the right guitar to ship. :D I guess like everything else you just build it into the price B)

I hated it at first because they (like everyone it seems) grabbed their 2.75% :D but it sure makes doing business on the web easy. I don't have to pile up guitars in the house and wait a week or two for money orders then dig through them and find the right guitar to ship. B) I guess like everything else you just build it into the price :D

You convinced me, and we are now an international paypal subscriber. Couldnt find anywhere that i could put a referal name in the forms, but we didnt go for the super duper mega dollar business account either.

Now, can everyone please send $25 to confirm the paypal thing works?

You convinced me, and we are now an international paypal subscriber. Couldnt find anywhere that i could put a referal name in the forms, but we didnt go for the super duper mega dollar business account either.

Now, can everyone please send $25 to confirm the paypal thing works?

I hope you're still accepting money orders. I believe paypal is a great convenience, etc. but I refuse to use the service myself for various reasons. :D