The Soapbox

John ~~~~~

Wayne @ guitarheads.net will hook you up with an engraved neckplate for the cost of a "normal" one. He's got a lot of finished ones , but I'm pretty sure you can e-mail him your specs and he can engrave anything you want ( ie; your name or logo , serial # etc. ) . He did some for me with the band logo on em. Good stuff...

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's finally all done. There were some hickups along the road which resulted in some flaws. I'm 100% NOT happy with them which is why this one will never see GOTM. Construction issues aside, it sounds pretty dang good. I still need to set the intonation, set the action, and raise the bridge pup a little. The strap buttons are on the way. It's pretty interesting to me that despite the fact that the base & top of the body came from the same piece of wood, the back is a lot more orange than the blond face.

DSCI0588.jpg

DSCI0589.jpg

John, I think you need to do a group shot of all the guitars you have built.

What's the total anyway?

14 on hand (1 kit, 1 assembly, 12 builds)

another 4 made & disassembled

4 currently in production (all in the finishing stage)

at LEAST 8 more in planning/pre-production

Two years ago, I had only the Steinberger ( not counted above), the Carvin kit, and the acoustic (also not counted). giggidy!

• 2 weeks later...