Started Another Build

I'm down for the Eb. too. And I assume you, there is NOTHING wrong tonally with a black limba and maple body with a black limba and ebony neck. Heck, that's about as pretty dang close you can get to the mahogany/maple/ebony formula without using actual mahogany.

Chris

Prety much my ultimate recipe there. Black limba back & neck. Maple top & ebony board :D .

I HATE YOU!!!! You had that GORGEOUS orange running through your black limba and you put it on the side that's going to get COVERED UP!?!??!?!

Chris

LOL well that was accidental!!! I used the wrong template face!!!! Im pissed at myself for it

I believe that even the hero himself, Melvyn, did the exact same thing during the first edition of his book.

Steve - Making mistakes is awesome! There is no better teacher around. Just try not to make the same mistake twice - go and look for new mistakes to make.

And remember 'mistake' is a latin word meaning 'custom'; all of my guitars are seriously customized! :D

Cheers

Buter

I HATE YOU!!!! You had that GORGEOUS orange running through your black limba and you put it on the side that's going to get COVERED UP!?!??!?!

Chris

LOL well that was accidental!!! I used the wrong template face!!!! Im pissed at myself for it

I believe that even the hero himself, Melvyn, did the exact same thing during the first edition of his book.

Steve - Making mistakes is awesome! There is no better teacher around. Just try not to make the same mistake twice - go and look for new mistakes to make.

And remember 'mistake' is a latin word meaning 'custom'; all of my guitars are seriously customized! :D

Cheers

Buter

Lol thats why my other build is on hold. Its basically ready to be finished, so I want to get them all ready to be finished at the same time, cxause i hqve to pay to use the paint booth and sprayers and such.

that board looks like bocote;

nice body; it was a nice orange streak

I assure you the board is cocobolo as I dug through several boards at the local wood supply to find the right one. There were some crazier ones but not stable enough to give to someone else. I did four of them at the same time and it covered my shop in orange dust that I still haven't vacuumed up.

You know how I am about finding the craziest pieces of wood I can for fretboards....

Steve:

I hate the template mistake. That is some of the sweetest black limba. How thick is the blank? You might think about making a flat top with a pickgaurd and preserving that orange streak.

Man we gotta talk about getting some my way.

In my book 'mistake' is irish for 'oh sh*t'