Willow For Body?

I found it on the internet B)

well hit your monitor instead then... lol :D

:D lol

I found it on the internet B)

All Mr. Google tells me is that it is used in violins and hollow bodies. And cricket bats - so I'm guessing its durable enough.

But that leads up to the question - which willow wood is that? ;)

Thats all he told me too, lol

Edited by Hedley

Willow, to me has a very nice ring. Listen to a good quality cricket bat every time the batsman plays a stroke. It can take a huge pounding as well without noticeable damage. (Fighting of the unhappy audience in dodgy pubs??)

I have spent many an hour knocking in cricket bats. (Bashing them with a round headed mallet to mimic a cricket ball and compress and strengthen the playing surface, doesn't always work though. One bat my father used, after weeks of preparation, lasted one ball and split in half from handle to toe)

I have always loved the sound of a good piece of willow.

Keith

Make sure to post back and let us know what its like.

I will do that, it will take a few weeks probably. I may just use it for my current planned build, it is cheap enough and i will get 3 bodies out of the lot.

Willow, to me has a very nice ring. Listen to a good quality cricket bat every time the batsman plays a stroke. It can take a huge pounding as well without noticeable damage. (Fighting of the unhappy audience in dodgy pubs??)

I have spent many an hour knocking in cricket bats. (Bashing them with a round headed mallet to mimic a cricket ball and compress and strengthen the playing surface, doesn't always work though. One bat my father used, after weeks of preparation, lasted one ball and split in half from handle to toe)

I have always loved the sound of a good piece of willow.

Keith

I've never even seen a cricket bat i don't think, lol.

I'm assuming cricket is like baseball, only with a canoe paddle, shin guards, and an accent

Yes similar idea. Baseball is derived from cricket via a game called Rounders. The accent is largely Indian :D