Westone Raider

Westone_Raider_02.jpg

Decided I'd do one of these. But not that ugly paint. Yes, I'm actually using this idea because I can. I'll use the parts I have at the moment for the most part. I have an MIM Fat Strat set for which I'm going to use the humbucker, a Seymour Duncan stacked single coil I bought for $20, 1 chrome knob, an Ibanez GIO neck, strap buttons, and a neckplate with gasket. I'll get the actual parts down later, but I'm still working out all the bugs.

Edited by guitarkid4143

KICKA$$!!!!!

The Raider wasn't their best shape, but neither was the Dynasty. Have you tried looking for a Westone neck on eBay?

LOL! Yeah, I think the Raider is kinda Kickass. No, I have not looked on eBay. I'll check right now. The GIO neck came from my partial Ibanez thing. $45 bucks for a p.o.s body and Ibanez neck with a few parts included. I'll take pictures later, but I have to convince my mom to let me use her camera, cause mine sucks. I'm glad you're following the build. It's seems everyone has "lost faith" for my stupid decisions before, besides you & Muzz. BTW: I'm voting for you're Iceman in GOTM. Your Dynasty is pretty sweet too!

As a fan of the Electra/Westone line of guitars and basses I have not lost faith in you build. I just have not had anything to add.

I have a Westone bass neck that I intend to start my efforts at building with. Go for it.

BTW what is wrong with the paint job and where were you in the 80"s :D

I'm glad you're following the build. It's seems everyone has "lost faith" for my stupid decisions before

people dont remember for that long - i certainly dont have a clue what you were on about.

but you wont get too many posts till wood starts to be cut - at the moment its just a picture of a guitar that most would rather ignore :D that finish is hideous so its nice to know you aint doing it. I am a westone owner, but i dont think they ever topped the early 80's thunders

you will get more people following the build when there is an actual build to follow..... or some photoshop mockups, they seem to get plenty of followers :D

Avengers63, You're Dynasty is the whole reason I started this mess.

CRAP! Branded as the scapegoat again. :D

Haha! I didn't find any necks on eBay. I typed in Westone neck, and all I got is one Westone guitar. I guess I'll just stick with the Ibanez neck. I like the way it feels, and I want this guitar to feel comfortable. I remember I tried a Parker Fly at GC, and was like, HOLY CRAP THAT'S COMFORTABLE!

..... or some photoshop mockups, they seem to get plenty of followers :D

That wasn't a poke at me was it? :D Anyway, if you do have access to some kind of photo editing software you can really play a lot with different options before you make any final decisions, and ive found you can better describe what you're talking about when asking for advice on this forum too. Good luck with the build!

Edited by MuffinPunch

..... or some photoshop mockups, they seem to get plenty of followers :D

That wasn't a poke at me was it? :D Anyway, if you do have access to some kind of photo editing software you can really play a lot with different options before you make any final decisions, and ive found you can better describe what you're talking about when asking for advice on this forum too. Good luck with the build!

it was going on long before you joined, and i do see the reasons for doing it to generate ideas/discussion B)

Alright, no progress yet, and this build make take me awhile because I'm broke. But here are th main things I have to get yet. If anyone is willing to offer me any of these parts, it may take me awhile to get the funds. Here it is:

Chrome Tune-0-Matic bridge or vintage trem

Front & back string through furrules (if I use a Tune-O)

Ash body blank, not sure how large yet

3-way toggle w/black tip

500K pot

Output Jack

(I'm going to make my own rear cover out of Ash)

And that's really all I need. But here's the total list:

Bridge (Tune-O or Trem)

Ash body

Fender MIM Strat Humbucker

Duncan Designed Stacked Single Coil

Ibanez GIO neck

Graphtech Nut

Chrome Knob

3-way toggle w/black tip

Chrome Strap Buttons

500K pot

Output Jack