Redneck Jr

First, you take this body shape.....

wip56.jpg

....then put this on top of it....

confederate-flag.gif

....then put a single P90 in the bridge with a wraparound tailpiece and you have a Southern Rock special.

The base of the body is basswood. The flag will be made from bloodwood, basswood, and ash dyed blue. I'm seriously considering leaving the basswood base plain.

Here's the neck blank as it stands right now. The outsides are ash (to be dyed blue), with bloodwood and basswood in the center for a repeated red/white/blue theme.

wip01.jpg

This is probably going to be a slow burn, so don't expect any major updates like I usually crank out. The #1 priority right now is the Mockingbird. As it's on hold due to tool failure, the #2 is the Iceman rework. #3 is the SG I haven't posted anything of note about yet. Then somewhere down the line is the Gretsch Jupiter and the Rickenbacker brothers.

Thats a terrible joke. :D I didn't realize the irony of my post. Just an expression. I'm a hugenormous Dimebag fan..... :D I think this might be the one shape he didn't flag up tho.

John - if I'm reading this right , you're going to cut the stars out of different wood and not just paint this on? Thats coo.