Tone Controls

Crusader

If you build the guitar for yourself, and you don't use tune controls, I think not putting one is the right thing to do.

However, I would make the electronics cavity big enough to accommodate a theoretic tone potentiometer (at it's would-be place), so that if one day you will discover that you do want a tone control - you could easily add one just by drilling and rewiring.

If you build the guitar for yourself, and you don't use tune controls, I think not putting one is the right thing to do.

However, I would make the electronics cavity big enough to accommodate a theoretic tone potentiometer (at it's would-be place), so that if one day you will discover that you do want a tone control - you could easily add one just by drilling and rewiring.

always a wise move... it doesnt need much extra room and can save a lot of hassle down the line

I like having tone controls - but what i really like is having a bypass/blower switch to remove all the controls from the circuit. it makesyou realise how much effect a tone pot has by just being there