Sources For Truss Rods

for electrics what are recomended sources for truss rods?

I know about LMI (expensive), Stewmac (don't want to get into their proprietary rod) and Allparts (bought one, installed it, turned it once and it snapped).

What else is out there?

There is an ebay dealer that I like that sells generic double action rods for cheap. He also has a website called bitterrootguitars.com. Shipping is usually free or cheap, and he is very nice and very fast. I am not affiliated with him in any way, just a pleased customer.

There is an ebay dealer that I like that sells generic double action rods for cheap. He also has a website called bitterrootguitars.com. Shipping is usually free or cheap, and he is very nice and very fast. I am not affiliated with him in any way, just a pleased customer.

ordered!

thanks, cool little store there!

That looks like the allparts rod,except with less weld...same dimensions and everything.The price of the 5 pack is very good,but I do worry about the tiny spot weld in the one pictured,considering it looks like it is two dissimilar metals welded together(either SS and mild steel or chrome moly and carbon steel),and those welds tend to be weak if not done with the right wire

There is nothing wrong with the one at allparts.You may have just received a bad one.I have never had an issue with the stewmac or the allparts,but the price does seem inflated.LMII is just ridiculously priced