where to buy veneers?

allready bookmatched, and stuff, brians got flamed maple for 15 bucks, 25 for 2 sets, but i was thinking more along the lines of bubinga, or something exotic... good prices are a plus... I'm planning a super tele to be built at the end of the year, and well i want to know the price as soon as as possible.. so i'm making shopping lists/ price lists and all that now along with drawing up plans... so any one know anygood suppliers that match the above specs? I serched the site, and looked at the wood supliers list on the main page, and didn't find what i wanted, maybe i didn't look good enough?

make you're own damn veneer lmao. ill take a picture and show you mine. I made perfect cocobolo veneers. you really dont need to buy them seperate. just buy a piece then cut off some thin slices. i used the table saw to cut half way through. then i used band saw cut it down the excess. then i hand planed it down. you can always make it easier and buy but im cheap personally and i like to be in touch with my guitar.

ebay is a good place.... i just saw some REALLY nice bubinga ones there, they ended up going for way more then i could afford (11 sheets, enough to do 50 guitars or so) i contacted the winner and he said he'll sell me a sheat if he has some left over once he's done his project.

I think krazyderek ist talking about THOUGE@aol.com. She sold really cool Bubinga and Walnut veneers on ebay, but she only sold packages of 50+ sheets which is way to much for building guitars. I contaced here and already ordered some very nice Bubinga and Walnut veneers in a lower quantity. Just contact her and she'll sell you great veneers.

HTH,

MK!

ya i think that might be the person..... but the last auction was for 11 sheets i think... not 50, and the current one here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...8&category=3131

is for 23 sheets B) with some pretty nice ones in there... take a look at her store :D

although i prefer 1" tops but they're way more expensive and only do one guitar :D