Project S907_express

Just plain old black dye?

Yeah... so we ran 5 different tests and the best black came from transtint in 60% water 40% everclear.

After a few shots of everclear the transtint looked really black.

I added about 4 drops of blue to the black to make sure it was really black. Seemed to work. I will let you guys know how it goes when I cover it with oil.

BTW on the headstock I taped off the ash and sprayed the sides with Lacquer. Then taped off the lacquer covered padauk and stained the ash headstock plate. Left all the padauk and only stained the ash.... win.

Dude, when you update, YOU UPDATE!

What's with the cribbage board?

I was going to ask about the black dye, but I apparently got to the party late. Was the 60/40 mix before or after wiping? I'm thinking some of the 40 got sidetracked.

SR

The board with the holes was for my help... I don't need a board full of numbered holes. I can look at a fret and tell where it goes :D

60/40 was for sipping ... and dying and then some sipping again. Made for a long weekend.

The alcohol was added to speed drying because I needed several coats to get it black black.

As for the update... I had Robo RAD and my brother working for me this weekend. Made good progress. We also built a 4x12 Trace Elliot cab for his Steve Harris tribute rig.