Where Do You Get Your Fretboards ?

I usualy get my fretboards as blanks from a place in india. But sometimes I get pre-radiused & slotted boards from LMI or Stewie mac. All depends on how pushed I am for time & the cost implications.

Mostly I get them in batches of 50, Saves on costs. But the last 2 batches from india were not up to scratch. one was packaged poorly & the timbers got badly wet. the other was packed well, but had a passenger, big fook off scorpion about 7/8 inches long. (gave it to the zoo, who told me it was a Giant Indian Black Scorpion)

Time to find a new blank supplier. So, I was wondering who everyone else gets their boards from ? :D

If you're in Ireland, check out the Spaniards. Particularly if you're not in a huge rush to use the boards immediately.

Almost all of my stash comes from Madinter - 30 euros shipping to anywhere in Europe, although they're doing free shipping this month I think. The indian rosewood tends to be dry (and is cheap, 6 euros and change for 'special', and even the first quality stuff is very good indeed), FSC certified pau ferro boards (also cheap...3.50 euros if you buy 16 or more, bass size is same price as guitar), ebony in various grades (all good, most nowhere near dry enough to use in the first year; prices are right), and my favorite is the Madagascan, although the prices on that have gone up quite a bit. Maderas Barber also has a pretty good selection of materials, some are cheaper at one vs. the other. They also have stuff like cocobolo in lumber format in sizes suitable for resawing (or necks, as the case may be), and occasionally have neck blanks of EIR.

If you're in Ireland, check out the Spaniards. Particularly if you're not in a huge rush to use the boards immediately.

Almost all of my stash comes from Madinter - 30 euros shipping to anywhere in Europe, although they're doing free shipping this month I think. The indian rosewood tends to be dry (and is cheap, 6 euros and change for 'special', and even the first quality stuff is very good indeed), FSC certified pau ferro boards (also cheap...3.50 euros if you buy 16 or more, bass size is same price as guitar), ebony in various grades (all good, most nowhere near dry enough to use in the first year; prices are right), and my favorite is the Madagascan, although the prices on that have gone up quite a bit. Maderas Barber also has a pretty good selection of materials, some are cheaper at one vs. the other. They also have stuff like cocobolo in lumber format in sizes suitable for resawing (or necks, as the case may be), and occasionally have neck blanks of EIR.

Could be interesting. Thanks for those, I might get a few as samples to see how they are. I would need them dry enough to use within 6 weeks, so the ebony stuff would most likly be out of the question.