Makore Explorers

Dude put a shirt on, it's 16 degrees outside :lol:

New design looks great, the current batch of explorers also fantastic but how come you are grinding so much apex off the frets? No biggie there is plenty left.

You getting back into playing?

It just looks like I leveled a ton off in teh pictures, it really wasnt that much. There were a few that needed it a bit more than normal, because the ends didnt stay down well enough though.

I have been playing pretty steadily for about a year and a half, but nothing too serious.

Thanks Prostheta,

That was kind of a reason i had such a hard time letting go of making exporers, because i got really good at them. But everything runs its course.

Scott,

Haha, I am just SO tired of sanding for hours to get a perfect finish. With a solid color i have a little bit less to do sanding wise.

But i still have to finish the other two :( But i broke down and bought a tang nipper off ebay, it should be here today.

So,

Today i strung up the maple/ makore one to see how it played.

It needs a bit of work but feels pretty great. It sounds insanley loud, even with old, dead test strings. It literally sounds like a hollowbody guitar for some reason. Should be a great sounding guitar.