Model 1 Tribute

I think it would look a bit out of place. Push-pull pot imo! If you go that route, Id use a mini toggle to keep the profile low. Just my 2 cents :P

theres also this... :Phttp://www.seymourduncan.com/products/accessories/triple-shot-mou/triple_shot_swi/

That said, Im going to be experimenting with wood impregnation soon. Super thinned out epoxy (thinking 1-4 ratio, will take forever to cure, but it would definitely get in deeper) with vacuum bagging. Might make some otherwise unusable woods, usable (REDWOOD!!!!!!!!).

Edited by bob123

Its your guitar dude, Im simply offering 2 cents on things I may do :)

A switch would be great, and if I were building a build on my own, its what I would do, but as a tribute, Id like to keep it as close as possible really.

Another thing I would think about, is how often are you really gonna use that coil tap on a 1 pup guitar? lol

Looking good Wes.

2 questions- did you ever get into those Kahler Spider trems at all? I had an old HM Strat that i had on trade- and that trem- at least i thought at the time- wasnt too bad- different feel than a floyd but I remember liking it-

Interesting observation on the mahogany smelling bad. any idea where the wood came from originally? That is some serious light colored mahogony, at least on my monitor it seems like a really light tan - wondering if you know any details on the source of it. I have one source for genuine mahogany here in Atlanta- and I find it interesting to keep track of where it came from and color/weight/tone/etc. I have seen some variations in the color- and most definetely in weight- but never 'smell". I have been stock piling mahog as I have been thinking its just a matter of time before CITIES says- eh- no more.(and I want the good stuff for my retirement years- not to mention now). I happen to love the smell of cut mahogany- then again- I am a bit of a freak so who knows. Just curious if you had any details on it. Thanks.

"genuine" mahogany can be several different types of wood depending on where you are in the country..technically Honduran is synonymous with Genuine,but it is not uncommon for other woods to be called Genuine...I suspect that this is actually Red Meranti(Lauan),since it seems awful light in color for Honduran...

http://www.wood-data...ht-red-meranti/

As far as tone and workability goes there is not much difference,but the substitutes can smell different.I was expecting actual mahogany from the description,but i have doubts

I got this from Woodcraft on Ebay...It was quite inexpensive...$50 shipped for a one piece blank already dried and thicknessed

I took care of the color anyway...vintage amber with a touch of cherry red

Another way to take care of the color is patience. I have a few mahogany bodies on the shelf that are 5 times darker than the day I put them to together (5 months ago). Oxidation is a great toner.

Yeah,i am counting on it to darken some over time,I left it a bit lighter than I really want.

Today is fretting day,so slow going while waiting on the CA at the fret ends to set.I pulled out my fret press and cleaned it up...the box I had it in was none too waterproof apparently...I spent last night cleaning and oiling it,then left it to dry so it wouldn't leak on my neck.I have not used the press in ages,but I have not been happy with my results from hammering lately.

Ever notice how the fret press handle is always at the worst place for leverage?I found a new handle to solve the problem

564984_461744487199544_171139279_n.jpg

All of the frets installed with no issues.i sanded the fret ends flush,then cleaned it all up and set it on it's side,then sanded with 150 just enough to get ebony dust packed in to the leftover gap under the fret ends.Then I use an old radius block to clamp the ends down gently(not strictly needed,but I just want to be sure nothing gets missed),then dab on some medium CA and leave it to set...then I will repeat until all fret ends are glued

69192_461747173865942_851374734_n.jpg

I haven't beveled the ends yet of course...don't want to do that until all of the fret ends are in their for sure final resting place.I do have one slightly rogue fret end which keeps wanting to pop up.This hopefully will cure that.