Headless Hohner Conversion

WezV

I dont think there is any need - 80% of the joins on top are covered by the scratchplate.

i would have if it was a non-scratchplate version, mainly to hide the plug for the middle pickup route, but the scratchplate makes life a lot easier - dont even need to both plugging that route anymore

got the plate cut

sv9.jpg

its clear so it can be painted half black/white on the back

not perfect yet but getting there

it meant i could transfer control locations and route the control cavity. also added a rout to the side of the lower fin for a strat style jack socket

sv10.jpg

• 7 months later...

well, not been around much lately due to having a toddler and a job that is taking up more time. but i am still building, just at a very slow rate

time for an update on this one, its just come back from paint today

1_zpsbd109baa.jpg
2_zps69f9d9f4.jpg

Well i moved away from working in schools as well so lost all my holiday time and even have to work 1 in 3 weekends. Now free time is evenings and 2/3 of the weekends, much more valuable as family time. Thankfully she seems to like her musical instruments so we should start to be able to combine these things soon enough. guitar was one of her first words :)

should have a few guitars finishing within the next couple of months, and hopefully even a promotion which will mean more money and no weekend work

i am also doing a bit of whittling and am on my second batch of homebrew after a very nice first attempt

paint on this one is by mike lennon. took him a while, but he got it spot on right and that is what i care about

• Like 1

well, i have been away from the workshop a few times recently so i tend to take a little carving set and some small chunks of wood. nothing i would want to show off yet but it keeps my hands busy

the homebrew is much more successful. bottling my second beer tomorrow and i have gone for my own recipe this time which seems very promising so far. Its a golden single hop beer, just cascade hops (think sierra nevada) with a touch of english thyme from the garden.

well, i have been away from the workshop a few times recently so i tend to take a little carving set and some small chunks of wood. nothing i would want to show off yet but it keeps my hands busy

the homebrew is much more successful. bottling my second beer tomorrow and i have gone for my own recipe this time which seems very promising so far. Its a golden single hop beer, just cascade hops (think sierra nevada) with a touch of english thyme from the garden.

Be sure to tell us how that goes. I'm a big fan of cascade hops and sierra nevada.

SR

• 3 weeks later...