Recommended Humbucker Positions.

So my first build is coming along. Finally got the body cut out and planed down. A friend gave me a great 1 inch walnut cap for this, so I went from a poplar guitar to be painted as the plan, to a carved walnut top with a natural finish. I digress...

I'm looking to rout my neck pocket next and was thinking of making the humbucker jigs and neck jig into one template and rout them at the same time. Thoughts?

Should I wait to rout humbuckers til after the bridge is placed?

Also, I know humbuckers positioning is kinda subject to the builders opinion, but given this is my first, I don't have an opinion yet. Anyone have suggestions on 'standard' positioning for bridge and neck humbuckers on a 25.5 inch scale ?

And finally... Humbuckers rout depth - how do I go about calculating this. I will be using a crunch lab and Liquifire combo.

Any and all input is much appreciated.

"Sweet spots" are completely in the land of voodoo and don't deserve to have a discussion about them. I would say go with aesthetics and realism. Too close to the bridge means the pickups are only "seeing" the point of least string deflection (hence lower amounts of bass frequencies/harmonics and volume overall) and too close to the neck could mean an overly large bias towards the bassier frequencies and mud. Some instruments pretty much "require" that the pickups sit in specific places either out of tradition, looks or whatever. An LP with a pickup against the end of the fingerboard hides the top of the neck tenon which is aesthetic, plus a degree of tradition.

No, there is no "standard" and anybody that tells you so probably has mental issues and low self esteem.

pup depth on several factory guitars

Floyd Rose strat :19mm or close to 3/4"

Jackson RR3 : 19mm

Washburn strat : 18mm

3 Squiers, two with PG, one without- all three were 20mm or a hair past 3/4"

Ibanez jem77fp : 19mm

Interestlingly enough ,most of them have 1.5" of space between the Low E saddle and the bridge pup poles .

IDK about standard, but there's some averages.